Have you ever considered all of the technology and talent that goes into producing a gift card or a hotel key card? Maybe you should!
Let's talk about all of the expertise involved in delivering functional print products to the world's most recognized and respected brands -- and where you might fit in.
PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift, and Loyalty Card manufacturer on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless. Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive to be the best. Dedicated to our customers' success. Invested in our employees' goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard.
We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don't just manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver solutions in card form.
The primary responsibility of the Offset Press Operator is to perform the duties involved in offset printing running UV inks. These duties include setting up the press, cleaning machines, troubleshooting technical problems, and maintaining printing equipment. The Offset Press Operator will be responsible for record-keeping of work completed and job history.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety and performs job duties following company safety policies and procedures.
- Utilize job ticket information to determine the quantity, special work instructions, and any other special customer requirements.
- Locate and inspect the printing material to assure conformance to the specified requirements.
- Proof plates to assure correct graphics before production.
- Set Rollers, hang plates, apply ink, set fountain settings, and perform all related machine operation to operate the press.
- Run make ready sheets-line up for proper position and layout.
- Demonstrate the ability to start up and operate the press efficiently.
- Bring process colors and/or special colors into the register.
- Achieve ink and water balance.
- Set and adjust inks to achieve required colors-matching specified requirements.
- Maintaining and adjusting ink levels during production to match specified requirements.
- Achieve and monitor UV Lighting levels to assure proper curing rate to prevent offset and delamination.
- Examine press sheets during production for a normal and special variation
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
This job has expired.