Title: Product Manager, Rich Data Strategy & DDM Personalization
Department: Data Driven Marketing (CDMO)
Location: Hudson Yards, New York City
Product Manager, Data Strategy, Data Driven Experiences Team
This role will drive L'Oreal USA's transformation to a data-driven organization as an internal subject matter expert and strategist on acquisition and activation of rich data. The Product Manager's responsibility is to ensure that consumer profiles are enriched with well-integrated, purposefully selected data and maintain the highest accessibility for analytics and activation within and across the portfolio of brands. This includes ownership of activities such as defining the roadmap, influencing brands, informing the design, managing third party partners/data providers, and approving integrations. This role drives collaboration and influences multiple levels of leadership to execute on key deliverables.
- Proactively drive and contribute to the common vision and communication, including elevating the organizations' commitment to clean, insightful, actionable customer and business data.
- Define and communicate aligned priorities for data enrichment based on existing activation strategies.
- Ensure that LUSA brands and leadership have a clear view of current and desired data enrichment.
- Develop and implement processes to maintain high quality data assets.
- Document and maintain metadata for critical resources including ownership, definitions, taxonomies, standards, and reference data through alignment with global leadership.
- Establish processes for management and compliance with Global Data Model standards, as well as criteria and approval governance for adjustments to or deviations from the standards.
- Collaborate with Consumer Data Strategy and Analytics stakeholders to define use cases for activation and measurement of campaigns leveraging consumer data, including sharing of data across brands.
- Consult brands and agency/vendor partners on how to adopt data standards and continuously demonstrate the value from data standardization.
- Maintain documentation of all consumer data collection touchpoints and partner with Digital IT and IT Security to ensure all touchpoints are compliant with LUSA standards.
- Be the expert across L'Oreal for all data-related questions and stay up to date on US policies, regulations and innovations in the industry that affect our business.
- Regularly liaison with Legal team to solicit guidance and incorporate risk considerations into business-driven cost/benefit analyses.
- BA/BS in Business Management
- Agile / SCRUM experience preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in consumer marketing or data strategy, digital marketing, project management or implementation consulting.
- Experience liaising between business and technology stakeholders required.
- Ability to lead, direct and challenge engineers and architects in process, methods and approach.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and eCommerce ecosystems and processes that include end-to-end data flows.
- In-depth knowledge of various client side and server-side technologies.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and focused on projects from developing the vision and strategy to executing and evaluating the results.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to a high degree of quality.
- Ability to interact and present to all levels of the organization, including top management.
- Ability to think strategically and create a bigger picture vision for ethical and standardized data collection, while evangelizing that vision across the portfolio of brands.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with a positive and team-oriented, collaborative approach.
Technical Experience Desired:
- Project management experience a plus
- Knowledge of eCommerce platforms and prior experience on Sales Force Commerce Cloud (Demandware) is a definite plus.
- Microsoft Office applications -- Office Suite (Project, PowerPoint , Excel, Word), Visio and Project
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. #DDIR