ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
Responsible to assist with the overall implementation and management of the laboratory Quality Assurance (QA) program and ensuring that quality objectives established by management, regulatory programs and project plans are met.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Problem solving and analytical method troubleshooting
- Active participant in corrective actions and process improvements
- Responsible for maintaining the document control system
- Responsible for monitoring and assisting with reviewing and revising QA records, including but not limited to the QA manual and maintaining standard operating procedures
- Coordinates proficiency testing programs for certification/accreditation programs
- Maintains certifications/accreditations for regulatory agencies and client certification or approval programs
- Assists with coordinating and conducting scheduled internal audits with laboratory staff
- Assists with generating audit responses and initiating changes in procedures resulting from audits
- Reports and reviews results of PT and QC sample analysis
- Provides technical assistance to Project Managers, Sales Team and laboratory staff on QA/QC issues including reviewing proposal requirements to assist with preparation of Quality Assurance Project Plans from customers to make sure laboratory capabilities and accreditations are accurately represented
- Facilitates and/or performs training and maintains and tracks training documentation
- Performs QA/QC and Ethics policy orientation for new employees
- Assists with scheduled on-site evaluations by clients and regulatory agencies
- Coordinates with outside calibration laboratories to perform calibrations for support equipment
- Maintains current approved subcontractor list
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient with electronic applications including MS Word, MS excel, Power point etc
- Ability to learn new software
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with colleagues and multiple clients in a professional and organized manner
- Able to contribute to effectively managing the QA program based on these key skills:
- Have a general understanding of analytical laboratory quality assurance concepts and experience in implementing these concepts in the laboratory
- Experience and knowledge with EPA 500, 600 and SW846 methodologies
- Knowledgeable and familiar with basic wet chemistry, GC, GC/MS and metals technologies
- Have the ability to interpret state and federal certification and accreditation program requirements per ISO/IEC 17025, TNI standards, and DoD QSM
- Have the ability to convey accreditation standard concepts or requirements to the lab staff
- Have the ability to identify and define problems; collect, analyze and interpret data and information; draw appropriate conclusions; propose solutions and/or corrective action
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- BS/BA in Chemistry or a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of various analytical chemistry techniques and procedures used in an environmental laboratory
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the environmental laboratory industry with working knowledge of QA requirements for environmental laboratories or specific laboratory sections
- The ability to sit or stand for entire shift
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management and clients.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer, equipment and handle glassware
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment
- Some travel required
- Ability to work overtime when needed
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.