ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
Laboratory Technician will be responsible for ensuring that timely and quality results are produced.
Position Duties and Scope:
Laboratory Technician has the following duties:
- Ensure that all tasks are performed within both the time restraints and the relevant analysis standards.
- Highlight anomalies in results and sample type and sample behavior from running basic tests.
- Perform housekeeping duties as required.
- Calibrate equipment as required.
- Perform calculations as required when conducting analytical preparations.
- Prepare samples to be analyzed.
- Control consumable stock required for the tasks performed.
- Perform basic laboratory test.
- Create and maintain standards and reagents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to initiate corrective action without prompting and assist co-workers whenever necessary in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively perform duties under pressures arising from large sample volumes and short turn-around times.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) Laboratory Information Management System.
Qualifications Position Requirements:
- AA is preferred.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 0 - 3 years of laboratory experience is preferred.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
This job has expired.