Provides coordination and administrative support for Land Acquisition and/or Land Development Department(s) including but not limited to plans and permits, schedules, budgets, bonds, weekly updates, and JD Edwards inputting as necessary.
Company Overview: Beazer Homes is committed to employee wellbeing and life-work balance, offering development opportunities, a flexible time-off program, and an industry leading parental leave policy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide essential administrative support to the Land Department (Development and/or Acquisition) for the purchase and development of home sites. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Set up and maintain files and/or "books" of information on communities (such as utility companies, contractors, final plats, important dates, contracts, landscape plans, takedown schedules, contact persons), prepare off-site construction schedules for all projects/contracts; develop or assist with feasibility, preliminary and final budgets.
- Track costs associated with difficult lots that will not be covered in typical construction budgets; maintain landscaping conceptual plans; track legal entities.
- Secure, place and monitor all bonds and licenses for Land Development.
- Prepare Land Acquisition Requests; may maintain log of lot closing requests and schedules for same.
- Input and maintain various Land databases as required for various reports, budgets, contracts, and invoices.
- Coordinate and process weekly timesheets; obtain/monitor and coordinate approval process for all plats, permits and agreements; maintain project files; keep blueprints up-to-date; process all conceptual and construction drawings for project architectural product through staff; process bills and maintain spreadsheet of current jurisdictional fees; prepare monthly action lists; may develop/bid/order/place signage.
- Work with Land Development Professionals (Project Managers) and Land Administrators to calculate necessary fees to accompany submittals or secure permits.
- Set up Homeowner Associations (HOAs), record HOA documents, develop packages for Sales Department describing HOA and architectural review committee roles, interview and arrange future management firms when HOAs are liquidated.
- Perform general administrative duties including preparing and following up on correspondence, requests, schedules and reports, legal documents, confidentiality agreements, expense reports, memos and other similar documents; processing mail and circulating industry information as received.
- Performs other duties as assigned and may include providing administrative support to other department(s).
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Coursework and/or graduating from accredited college or university in Business preferred. Experience may waive Education preference.
- Over 2 years experience working in Land and/or project management/administration preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills to coordinate with others to complete of required tasks in timely manner.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to deal with individuals at all levels and to solve problems.
- Knowledge of Business English and related correspondence formats; requires extensive follow-up on all correspondence.
- Duties are performed approximately 60% in the office, and 40% on project sites (mainly in field offices), but may encounter temperature, weather and noise variations; may encounter electrical, dust, poor ventilation, dangerous machinery and moving objects and toxic conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion. Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants
, which includes a link to an additional notice for California residents and which link can also be visited directly at Beazer.com/Californiaprivacy
. Equal Opportunity Employer