In this position, the Java Developer will participate in the design, programming, testing, and implementation of applications. This requires programming requirements from verbal and written specifications received from other departments, in addition to participating in the support of new functionality subsequent to release.
- Support production environment of applications through proactive troubleshooting of internal systems and timely resolution and documentation of issues and through collaboration with internal help desk.
- Interact with business users and assist in defining business requirements and then translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Perform detailed analysis and design based on business requirements.
- Develop or modify existing programs or modules.
- Develop and execute test cases for projects assigned.
- Build new applications to support internal department business requirements.
- Emphasis on driving application architecture and design through best practices.
- Stay abreast of new developments in web applications, technologies, and share knowledge with peers who may benefit from those developments.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
This job has expired.
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 2-6 years of related experience in applications programming development
- Development of multi-threaded, multi-tiered applications.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server is required, experience working with SSIS is a plus.
- Ability to code proficiently in JAVA. Familiarity with Gosu, C#, .NET is a plus.
- Experience with SOAP web services, IBM AppConnect, ESQL is also a plus.
- Experience working with Application servers such as WebSphere, Tomcat, or Weblogic.
- Experience working with
- Practical experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tool (e.g. Subversion), and development tools such as ANT, Cruise Control and Eclipse.
- Some knowledge of Mainframe COBOL and DB2 will be beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Experience with the Guidewire Insurance Suite, preferably ClaimCenter, is desired.
- Must be able to work well with a team and possess the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills are needed with demonstrated ability to work with multiple organizational functions and levels.
- Ability to identify technical issues that would negatively impact the performance of an IT application and the supported business process; communicate this information to IT management and present recommendation to resolve or mitigate the technical issue.
- Must have the ability to participate in 24-hour on call rotation schedule for supporting business applications as needed.
- Ability to learn and apply business processes in application design, development & testing.