At DT Midstream, we've got the energy to achieve great things! DT Midstream owns and operates a diverse, integrated portfolio of midstream pipeline, storage and gathering assets, allowing us to provide a comprehensive set of midstream services to our customers across the Southern, Northeastern and Midwestern United States and into Canada. Our newly independent public company is an energy industry leader with more than 20 years of proven success as part of DTE Energy and our focus is to be safe, caring, dependable and efficient in all we do.
Day to day operations and maintenance of natural gas facility and gathering system in Washington, MI.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Operating natural gas pipeline associated equipment such as reciprocating natural gas compressors, dehydrators, treating equipment, fluid separating equipment, valves, gas/liquid measurement equipment, pumps, etc. Operating the equipment and system may include, but is not limited to:
- Start-up/shutdown of equipment
- Adjusting controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges
- Visually inspecting equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication
- De-pressuring equipment and pipelines
- Purging/pressurizing equipment and pipelines
- Performing gas leakage surveys
- Locating and marking underground pipelines and monitor construction activity along the ROW
- Operating valves
- May also perform pipeline patrols, as assigned
- Implements safe work practices and a proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, the public, and the environment at all times.
- Keeps Gas Control advised of any operational changes to the pipeline or equipment, as well as, any safety related conditions.
- Ensures applicable state and federal regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements are met and continually monitored.
- Reads, monitors, and records various conditions such as pressures, temperatures, hours of operation, fuel consumed, water levels, and monitors gauges.
- Performs minor maintenance on equipment, including but not limited to, reciprocating natural gas compressors, dehydrators, fluid separating equipment, valves, pumps, etc.
- Performing minor maintenance on the equipment and system may also include, but is not limited to:
- Monitoring, removing and replacing filters, oil, chemicals, and other lubricating fluids as needed
- Remove and replace gaskets as needed
- Remove and replace valves if necessary
- Install plugs as necessary
- Change gauges
- Maintain sites in clean condition including picking up trash, taking out trash, controlling weeds, minor painting, etc.
- Clean out sight glasses as necessary
- Change out suction/discharge valves on compressors
- Change out light bulbs or fuses
- Continually meeting the demands and improving upon the needs of our customers.
- Establishes and maintains a near perfect driving record.
- Collaborates well with direct supervisor on new and improved ideas associated with an always changing pipeline system.
- Coordinate activities with third party vendors.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to operating conditions in compliance with regulatory requirements, including the ability to recognize situations in which confidentiality is required.
- Performs special projects and other job-related duties as assigned.
Other Qualifications Preferred:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Five least years of experience in natural gas processing, compression and/or pipeline experience
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Experience as Field Pipeline Technician
- Ability to function autonomously
- Thorough knowledge of O&M manual
- Demonstrated ability to lead or participate in work crews
- Demonstrated ability to special projects
- Use experience to recommend solutions to operational problems
- Recommend improvements for operational efficiency
- Emergency response: Provide incident command support to emergency responders, lead mock and table top exercises
- High integrity and self-motivated
- Excellent vehicle driving record
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication, problem solving and physical perceptive skills
- Must be able to work and perform without close supervision
- Team player
- Maintain OQ qualification of all tasks
- Ability to start and stop equipment
- Ability to read and interpret P&ID
- Interact with contractors and customers both internal and external
- Ability to work shifts as the role requires 24/7 responsibility
The physical demands characterized below epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law to individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of their job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms above head as well as stoop and kneel to reach items below normal reach.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Performs minor maintenance as necessary with medium to heavy lifting requirements. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- On the spot decision making required in stressful situations.
- Must have a sense of smell if working on assets where ability to detect odorized gas is required for safety purposes.
This job has expired.
- May work alone in the field
- Works in all types of weather.
- Available 24 hours per day for on-call and emergency situations.
- Must be able to remain calm and focused during emergency situations.
- Requires excellent driving skills and driving record.
- Frequently be exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Work in high, precarious places
- Work near toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment may be above 90 dB.