The Lead Software Engineer architects and designs their digital products using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems. They apply a systematic application of scientific and technological knowledge, methods, and experience to the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of software. They own and manage running their application in production, and ultimately becomes accountable for the success of their digital products through achieving KPIs.
- Participate in inceptions and iteration planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with the product manager
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Partners in collaboration and strategy alignment across product portfolios (cross-product) in partnership with product managers, other peers and key stakeholders
- Serves as an expert on one or more business domain and a distinguished advocate of multiple technology stacks and shares that knowledge across organizations
- Coaches the team and leads daily practices of using paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building products
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Provides support for software products in user environments
- Working knowledge designing, debugging, and testing REST APIs
- Working knowledge of related technologies such as: Internet Information Server and Active Directory
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, with the ability to transform documented use cases into prototypes and finished solutions
- Developing applications utilizing ASP.NET and/or .NET Core.
- Good working knowledge of object-oriented design and SOLID principles.
- Able to write technical documentation.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Solid attention to details and highly organized.
- Relationship building skills.
- Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts.
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Experience with data base design, stored procedures, views, and user-defined functions.
- Ability to lead and work with other team members
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.Supervisory Responsibilities:
This job does not have supervisory duties
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.