Lead Summer Camp Counselor
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
COVID-19 vaccination or a University authorized exemption is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Lead Summer Camp Counselor
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
The Penn Campus Recreation Adventure Summer Camp is searching for active, enthusiastic, and a responsible counselor who passionate about all things sport and adventure to work as Summer Camp Counselors for 4 weeks in July into early August. Previous childcare, camp experience, and education major/ experience are preferred.
- Responsible for the health and safety of all campers and fellow counselors.
- Manage campers between the ages of 6 and 12 in a recreational camp setting along with other counselors and the camp administrative staff.
- Listen to camper needs and address them appropriately.
- Prevent bullying, teasing, or inappropriate behavior and language.
- Organize and lead a variety of group activities each week.
- Ensure that the facility and other spaces used are kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Communicate with parents about participant's experiences and report concerns to camp administration.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, camper documentation, and daily attendance.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for campers' safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Distribute daily snacks and drinks as needed throughout the day. Responsible for assuring ample water is always available and returning all drink containers.
Job Location - City, State
- Upon hire, completion of camp required certifications.
- Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Attend 1 week of training prior to the start of camp.
- Ability to collaborate effectively as a member of a goal-oriented team
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate AthleticsPay RangeAffirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Pottruck-Health-and-Fitness-Center/Lead-Summer-Camp-Counselor_JR00070284
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.