Responsible for using various systems to apply for, monitor, renew, & terminate agent licenses, appointments, & affiliations (sometimes directly and other times coordinating paperwork with appropriate parties).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process new and Renewal license applications (resident; non-resident)
- Assist with processing appointments or coordinating actions resulting in appointment
- Schedule new hire pre-licensing course
- Track and inform agents of CE requirements
- Maintain detailed agent record files
- Monitor agent appointments
- Affiliate agents with appropriate agency/agencies
- Maintain licensing forms, databases, spreadsheets, etc.
- Audit day to day work, insuring compliance with DOI rules and regulations
- Process expense reports
- Provide reporting
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Mature judgment and discretion
- Basic math skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability to think analytically
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Possesses a high degree of dependability and motivation
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of agent licensing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education, training, and work-related experience
- 1+ year of experience working in agent licensing with another insurance company
- Demonstrate familiarity with company policies/ procedures
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of departmental organizational structure/function
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.