Job ID: 448842
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain walls, storefronts and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings and more.
Night shift 4:00pm-2:30 am
- $17.00 per hour with a $3.00 shift differential
The Material Handler
role in our Rock Hill location isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within our Rock Hill location. You can be our next success story.
The role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!Job Summary
This position requires that materials including glass and metal be moved from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the product throughout the plant. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
On/off-loading of the product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours, daily. The "team concept" instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis. Therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions for the job.
Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a general production laborer position, the following conditions must be met:
• Perform work as assigned by the supervisor
• Read, understand and communicate
• Complete paperwork
• Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
• Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure
• Notify lead person or supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
• Maintain a safe and clean work area
• All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of productionEquipment
• Dolly, crane, pallet jack, glass cups, glass sheet pull tool, tape measure, pliers, glass cutter, and other various tools Safety
• Hazards - Exposure to chemicals/fumes, pinch points, exposure to excessive noise, strain/sprain, laceration/puncture, particulate exposure, contusion, operation of foot controls, slipping, burns, shock, loss of limbs, elevated temperatures during summer months.
• Controls - Personal protective equipment, safety training, written procedures
• Safety Equipment - Safety glasses, steel toe shoes with metatarsal guards, cut resistant gloves with liners, cut resistant outerwear, hard hat, and hearing protectionWork Environment
• Work performed inside a production environment.
• Noise levels in the work environment can be moderate to high.
• The plant facility is subject to the same climate conditions of the region (heat, cold, humidity, etc.).
• Chemicals, dust, pollen, and other typical airborne particulate matter are present within the atmosphere of the production floor and may create some odors in the plant. The Company, in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment, limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls and PPE.
• While some chemicals may pose health risks if not properly used, employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals.
• While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA and the WCB, they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company's hazardous communication program.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment contract between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.What OBE Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Charlotte Nearest Secondary Market:
South Carolina Job Segment:
Facilities, Warehouse, Chemical Research, Design Engineer, Night, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.