This position will operate milling machines, lathes, saws and other specialized equipment. This position will also produce replacement parts and new parts in making repairs of metal parts of mechanical equipment.
- Sets up, operates, and adjusts various types of conventional or automatic machines including lathes, drill presses, grinders, and other precision equipment.
- Interprets written instructions, specifications and operation sequence or selects those prescribed in drawings, blueprints, or layouts.
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds and speed of machining.
- Inspect, operate, and modify tooling. Able to use measuring tools (rulers, micrometers, calipers, coordinate measuring equipment, etc.) and hand or power tools (hand/air impact wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Performs safety inspections in manufacturing setting.
- Select proper coolants, cutting and lubrication oils, recognize when tools need dressing and to do so.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job has expired.
- Two (2) years of experience required
- Rotary and 5 Axis machining experience, knowledge of HAAS/MAZAK/HWACHEON and CNC programming and set-up experience a plus.
- Extensive knowledge in mill and lathe machinist work, machine shop and tool room practices.
- Ability to understand machine setup instructions, operate hand tools, power tools, overhead crane and hoist.