- Perform general maintenance functions in accordance with blueprints, layouts, schematics of circuits and controls, and written or verbal instructions.
- Mechanic I exhibits the ability to anticipate parts requirements for the tasks and following proper purchasing procedures, acquire parts ahead of anticipated task performance.
- Mechanical duties include but are not limited to, rebuilding pumps and valves, replacing bearings, belts, sheaves, chains and sprockets and building maintenance.
- Electrical assignments may require installing conduit and wire, installation or replacement of control components, installing, testing or replacing electric motors, and trouble shooting electric systems using drawings, schematics and Programmable Logic Controller status.
- Plumbing assignments may include replacement of damaged piping or piping components made of copper, stainless steel, black iron or plastic.
- Additionally installation of plumbing pipes of the various materials listed above plus valves and auxiliary components may be necessary.
- Ensure all paperwork is done correctly and completely at designated intervals.
- Troubleshoot all plant equipment when needed.
- Constantly look for continuous improvement and process improvement.
- Safeguard and protect all company assets in his or her care.
- Make decisions in a timely manner.
- Anticipate problems and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate good judgment in safeguarding customer, company, vendor and employee information.
- Assume responsibility for the attainment of plant goals and objectives.
- Use skills and talent to contribute to organizational success.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships and communications with customers, vendors, employees, and peers.
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance for the position and the situation.
- Perform routine inspections of equipment for assessment of reliability and performance.
- May require lubrication or parts replacement or adjustments to equipment.
- Perform chemical analysis of water treatment systems within the plant and make necessary adjustments to optimize performance.
- Inspect wastewater treatment systems and perform tests as necessary to maintain proper performance of treatment systems.
- Requires general knowledge and or acquisition of skills necessary to perform stick and TIG welding to build or repair plant equipment.
- Skills should be increased to knowledge of and ability to conform to 3A standard.
-Applicant must have High School Diploma / GED.
-Must be 18+ years of age.
-Must be available to work full time, 2nd shift, rotation schedule, weekends, and required overtime.
-Must have proven working knowledge of electircal/mechanical skills and have operational knowledge of basic tools and equipment. PLC experience a plus.
-Must have good troubleshooting abilities and have a good understanding related to electrical,mechanical, pneumatic, fabrication and welding related abilities.
- Must be a self starter, detail oriented and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
The starting rate is $22.00, but increases over time.
Sign on bonus may be available.
This position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, AD&D, long term disability, short term disability, 401k and flex spending/HSA benefits.
This job has expired.