Job ID: 428100
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Maintenance Technician role in our Houston location isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within. You can be our next success story.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day.
If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
This position involves the maintenance of the plant facility. To include, maintenance and repair of production equipment, as well as organizing and maintaining storeroom inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ability to work with production to ensure timely repair of equipment is essential. Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule including working different shifts and weekends as necessary. Regular and predictable attendance safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
To be considered for a Maintenance position, the following conditions must be met:
- Experience with PLC's/Driver and motors, CNC
- Own mechanical tools
- Responsible for the mechanical/Electrical performance of several automated production machines or equipment that perform one or more function in glass.
- Maintains and observes operation of machines and equipment to ensure the production of high-quality glass.
- If malfunctions of the machine are detected, stop machine and adjusts or repairs as necessary.
- Diagnoses or troubleshoots machines or equipment to determine malfunction and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Perform mechanical/Electrical repairs and maintenance required for production such as: repairs or replaces defective parts, installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Must have experienced skills with troubleshooting, repair, overhaul and operation of high-speed production machinery.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skill to work in self-managed work teams
- Industrial electrical experience required
- Work schedule requires some weekends
- Requires participation in maintenance projects on some off-shift day.
- Requires knowledge of PMP (Preventative Maintenance Program)
- Basic computer familiarity
- Good organizational skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Basic understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to understand and work from mechanical and electrical prints
- Some welding and pipe fitting experience necessary
- Knowledge of local chemical waste removal codes helpful
What OBE Offers You
- All shop power tools and welding equipment
- All hand held tools and test equipment
- Welding and electrical test meters and torch
- Tape measure, distortion tester, recording instruments, nails guns, saw, glue guns, and Bandar
- Forklift and scissor (man) lift
- Personal tools are used
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Jul 8, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
Maintenance, Facilities, CNC, Pipe Welding, Machinist, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.