Job Purpose for Maintenance Technician- 2nd shift
To ensure safe and efficient operation of all equipment; perform scheduled preventative maintenance as planned; perform production equipment changeovers; troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and mechanical problems when needed; maintain proper records for maintenance, inventory of parts, and emergency repairs; promote good housekeeping habits related to maintenance; coordinate equipment training as needed; and communicate ideas and other problems to the management staff.
Key Responsibilities and Duties for Maintenance Technician 2nd shift
- Follow all employer safety and health regulations as required by company policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all plant equipment to meet or exceed company established safety culture.
- Follow Lock out/Block Out/ Tag out policy.
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required.
- Proactive in addressing unsafe conditions and confronting unsafe behaviors in the facility.
- Participate and/or conduct safety training as scheduled.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all equipment to meet or exceed company established Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) expectations and customer quality expectations.
- Proactive in addressing inefficiencies of production equipment.
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical and process problems with equipment as needed or directed by Maintenance Manager.
- Use power tool equipment in a safe manner to avoid injury or harm to self or other employees.
- Perform scheduled Preventative Maintenance tasks as outlined by Maintenance Manager.
- Evaluate production report comments prior to performing maintenance to ensure all causes for production inefficiencies are addressed and corrected.
- Continually evaluate equipment for improvement areas. Tag components or parts that need repair, replacement or improvement.
- Perform scheduled production equipment mold changeovers as outlined by Maintenance Manager or Production Manager.
- Perform building maintenance as directed by Maintenance Manager.
- Maintain sufficient records to support the Computerized Maintenance Management Software (EAM) including work orders and parts management.
- Coordinate with Production Manager and/or Maintenance Manager as it relates to production equipment training and employee development.
- Responsible for personal development by requesting regular meetings with managers, requesting additional training, requesting involvement beyond immediate job responsibilities, seeking higher education opportunities including continuing education classes and establishing self-development and performance goals with manager.
- Responsible for active participation on plant teams and activities including safety, quality, sustainability, community involvement, OEE, maintenance, employee wellness, brainstorming and continuous improvement which are required to create and maintain a World Class environment.
- Operate Powered Industrial Truck, Boom Lift and Scissor Lift per OSHA regulations rules and guidelines.
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications for Maintenance Technician 2nd shift
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Responsible for reporting quality, food safety, GMP, and food defense issues to Maintenance Manager or a member of management.
- Perform required sanitation activities prior to releasing equipment to production.
- Ensure equipment is clean and in 'showroom condition' after maintenance is performed on production equipment.
Maintenance Technician I should possess a sense of urgency, accountability, business ethics, professionalism, self-motivation and the desire and focus to improve the business.
Maintenance Technician I must possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent and other technical certifications and training applicable to servicing industrial equipment in a manufacturing environment.
Maintenance Technician I must possess at least 2-3 years of preventative maintenance in hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical troubleshooting within a manufacturing environment.
Ring Container Technologiesis an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Ring to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information.
This job has expired.