West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), a part of the WVU System of campuses located in Beckley, WV, is seeking applications for the position of Maintenance Worker II. (3 Positions)
The Maintenance Worker II, under the direction of WVU Tech Beckley Campus, Associate Director of Facilities, provides a leadership role for a variety of support services in order to maintain the interior appearance of institutional buildings and the surrounding exterior appearance of the grounds. This work involves adhering to established standard procedures, techniques and safety requirements with some judgment required to interpret instructions.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Operate various hand and power tools in the performance of duties such as rakes, shovels, lawn mowers, weed-eater, etc. as needed.
- Dig holes and trenches and spread and level dirt, gravel and concrete to assist in the installation of traffic signs, irrigation/ drainage systems and concrete structures.
- Assist in the performance of general painting duties as instructed, such as painting walls, ceilings, trim, and furniture using enamel/latex paints with brushes, rollers, and low pressure sprayers; patch and prepare surfaces for painting, to include finishing drywall or similar tasks requiring basic painting skills.
- Operate as a first responder on the weekends for odors, leaks, electrical failures and plumbing related failures.
- Respond to building maintenance requests and repair various equipment as needed, including, but not limited to, electrical repairs, such as replacing switches, lamps, ballasts, outlets and breaker resets.
- Clean and maintain the interior appearance of all buildings, including classrooms, offices, laboratories, student housing,public areas, etc. by sweeping, mopping, stripping, and waxing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpets, rugs, and upholstery; dusting and polishing furniture; washing and cleaning walls, ceilings, doors, windows; washing graffiti from walls, lockers, bathroom stalls and doors; and performing other related internal cleaning activities.
- Review requests for set-ups, move tables, chairs, AV or any other items necessary for campus event or program.
- Cleanup afterwards and move furniture back to storage room.
- Be required to drive/operate motor vehicle(s).
Work Hours: Various shifts, scheduling may be subject to frequent change.
Number of Positions Available:3
Pay Grade: 11Qualifications
- Completion of vocational/technical training in a maintenance field of up to 18 months beyond a High school diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one (1) year of experience in general building maintenance.
This job has expired.
- Valid driver's license.
- Physical requirements include ability to lift up to 50 lbs.