- Deliver evidence-based healthcare economic and clinical information demonstrating the value of Otsuka's portfolio. Account responsibilities include ecosystem level payers: Medicaid, Insurers, Specialty Pharmacy, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) and Federal Healthcare (Veterans Administration regional sites, Military Treatment Facilities sites).
- Deliver health outcomes data to regional payers, identify partnership opportunities in collaboration with Global Value Real World Evidence (GVRWE)
- Lead development and execution of medical strategy for regional accounts in alignment with Market Access Regional Access Managers (RAMs) and Otsuka's medical strategic imperatives per approved policies, procedures, and guidelines. Develop and maintain state profile tools.
- Collaborate with local and regional payer stakeholders to provide education and enhance patient outcomes using unbranded resources, including population health management, disease state education and Otsuka's remote customer engagement platforms.
- Create and grow widespread relationships with regional/local payer decision makers and maintain a comprehensive understanding of assigned managed care accounts, the healthcare system, and trends, the interconnect of the key decision makers and payer landscape and access challenges. Serve as Medical Affairs healthcare landscape expert at the regional level.
- Attend congresses to gain a better understand of the healthcare landscape and interact with key decision makers.
- Insights: gather payer perceptions on Otsuka's products and driver's impacting formulary decisions.
- Understands Otsuka's business model and value proposition, competitive intelligence, and other marketplace factors/dynamics. Strong understanding of industry legal, regulatory, and compliance landscape.
- Communicate key developments in regional/local payer landscape to leadership and ecosystem partners. Independently identifies opportunities for improvement and can implement creative solutions to address unmet needs and applies/shares outcomes with ecosystem and regional teams.
- Serve as regional cultural ambassador within FMA across all therapeutic areas.
- Compliance: conduct all interactions with payers and other stakeholders in accordance with all applicable Otsuka policies and procedures
- Education: Advanced degree required: Doctoral degree (PharmD., M.D. or PhD) strongly preferred in Pharmacy, Medicine, Biological Sciences, Health Services Research or Public Health.
- 5+ years of Managed care or similar experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding and knowledge of current US healthcare system at a regional level
- Knowledge of clinical and pharmacoeconomic concepts including modeling, real-world evidence, health outcomes and clinical trial designs.
- Excellent organizations skills and the ability to prioritize and work effectively in a continually evolving environment in both an independent and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrates the Patient first mindset and the ability to gain insights and identify customer needs and opportunities. Able to identify solutions with the overall goal of improved patient outcomes.
- Strategic thinking combining business acumen and clinical expertise.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with the Otsuka core values including perseverance, unconventional thinking, and humility.
- Willingness to travel (60-80% travel time)
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.