Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a Manager, Environmental Compliance & Strategy, you will be responsible for assisting Invenergy's in-house environmental team in support of responsible development, construction and operation of utility-scale wind, solar and transmission facilities across the US. This role will, with independence, oversee all aspects of environmental compliance for a dedicated portfolio of large-scale wind and solar projects, working in collaboration with an internal project team, consultants, and regulatory agencies. The ideal candidate will be an organized and collaborative self-starter with a keen attention to detail.
Position will have geographic focus on projects in the mid-west, Great Lakes and eastern regions.
- Develop and implement environmental survey and permitting strategies for a portfolio of wind and solar projects in various stages of development, construction, and operations.
- Manage internal and external environmental compliance processes that require regular communication with the project team and third parties, and the development of a complete and organized project record.
- Oversee the development of necessary documents for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, and federal and state policies and guidance during project siting, construction, and operations.
- Lead federal and state regulatory agency consultation and eNGO outreach.
- Prepare or review technical reports. Reports typically include but are not limited to: habitat evaluations, vegetation management plans, desktop environmental screenings, threatened/endangered/sensitive species surveys, wetland delineations, avian and bat use surveys, and post-construction monitoring studies.
- Review the environmental sections of local and state siting/special use permit applications. Lead on the development and review of water resource and threatened/endangered species permit applications.
- Conduct environmental due diligence for development and acquisition opportunities.
- Prepare project marketing materials in response to customer RFPs.
- Guide environmental compliance for projects transitioning from development through construction, including the preparation for civil construction activities and oversight of an environmental compliance monitor throughout the 12+ months of construction.
- Identify and communicate project needs, schedules, and issues across project support teams and to supervisory management. Work collaboratively and efficiently with internal teams and external parties (e.g., consultants) to execute project work on schedule, and develop strategies to address environmental-related issues.
- Participate in regional and national initiatives, symposia, conferences, and industry groups as needed to achieve Company objectives.
- Experience and expertise interpreting federal and state environmental laws (ESA, NEPA, CWA), guidelines, and policies, and developing project strategies for compliance with the same
- 3+ years in the renewable energy or similar industry with direct experience managing the responsibilities similar to those listed above.
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented, with the ability and desire to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to act and adapt to a fast-paced business environment with competing deadlines, and quickly learn and implement internal processes.
- Strong attention to detail, assuring documents and communications are concise and accurate.
- Advanced degree in biological science/natural resources/environmental policy or environmental law degree preferred.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.