Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Primary Objective: In broad terms, briefly state the major purpose of primary objective of this position.
The level of middle management manufacturing classification is dependent upon the scope of responsibility of the specific position when compared to similar jobs in the Mohawk organization.
Manager Production III: Emphasis is on management of the most complex manufacturing function, combined with department size, scope of operation, and structure. May have multiple production functional areas with scope and size comparable to other jobs in this classification.
Oversees the production planning, staffing and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost effective manner for assigned department. Plans production operations, establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products. Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as employee relations, manufacturing processes, achieving goals, etc. Works with senior plant management to plan, develop and control budgets and to ensure the cost effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers.
Major Function and Scope: Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function of responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
Type of Experience and Knowledge: Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
- Plans production operations and establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products for the department; monitors production orders or schedules to ensure that product(s) are manufactured and scheduled deadlines are met in order to plan department operations; prepares operational schedule and coordinates department activities to ensure that production and quality of products meets specifications; monitors and reports daily production output and operational status.
- Actively participates in process improvement, modifications, upgrades and expansion projects for the facility; works closely with the Maintenance and/or Engineering Department(s) to plan and coordinate routine, preventative and emergency maintenance to maximize equipment availability and production output, and to minimize production downtime and operational delays.
- Develops and works with supervisors in all areas such as employee relations, problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, scheduling, disciplinary action, terminations, equipment problems, etc. Provides assistance to employees and supervisors in solving work related problems; evaluates issues and meets with supervisors and Human Resources to determine the most effective remediation technique.
- Works closely with plant safety and quality teams to proactively identify issues and develop and/or enhance related programs and procedures; ensures that programs are maintained, that the department and plant is in compliance with established standards, and that appropriate training and equipment if given to all employees.
- Works with senior plant management to plan, develop and control budgets to ensure cost-effective production of high quality products for delivery to customers. Actively participates on short-term planning meetings and projects addressing issues related to labor, manufacturing process and material requirements based on forecasts of product demand, technology changes, changes in productivity, supplier capacity, industry trends, performance measures, goals and results, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
Describe the education, knowledge required, years of experience, specific skills and abilities required to do the job on a fully competent basis.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required skills and knowledge to perform the essential function of the job and 6+years of progressively responsible job specific experience that includes:
- Manufacturing experience in assigned functional area(s)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a leadership/supervisory role in an environment of comparable size and diversity
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems
- Knowledge of Mohawk's organizational and functional operating structure, products, administrative procedures and policies.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures as it relates to employee relations, hiring, terminations, benefit and compensation plans and administrative guidelines.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards
Describe the specific skills required
for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with senior management and internal customers; ability to communicate with others in an antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability and willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas; ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Excellent Human Resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group. Achieves results through team effort and through motivating, persuading and directing the activities of others.
- Ability to pass Ishihara test once.
- Ability to pass 100 Hue Test once every five years with a score of less than or equal to 50.
Indicate the numbers of associates that report to this position (only complete for exempt supervisory/managerial positions).
Diverse work teams of various sizes, demographics, subordinate reporting levels.Other Pertinent Job Information:
(Such as: American with Disabilities Act- ADA requirements for certain hourly positions). Disclaimer:
The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Must be able to walk long distances, climb on machinery and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching, and stooping may be required. Must also be able to work in non-climate-controlled facilities. Work environment is a noisy, high traffic manufacturing production floor. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends, and holidays
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.