- Support daily production demand. Assist in the resolution of daily manufacturing problems, including troubleshooting machine issues, process issues, and quality issues.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing process control methods and required documentation including, but not limited to, work instructions, procedures, standard work, lock-out/tag-out, process flow/routings, labor standards, bill of materials, etc.
- Responsible for promoting safety: Attend/Perform review of near misses and safety meetings. Investigate and develop corrective actions to resolve safety issues or near misses. Plan, organize, and conduct projects to resolve safety issues through engineering controls.
- Develop, design, and implement new manufacturing processes and equipment along with associated tooling or fixtures. Coordinate with vendors to obtain quotes and create equipment specifications, scope of work, and capital appropriation request (CAR).
- Work with Plant Engineering and Maintenance to define robust PM program for existing and new equipment. Assist maintenance in solving equipment problems.
- Review customer CCAR's and RMA's with quality engineering and supervision. Investigate and initiate corrective action of manufacturing problems to ensure product meets quality specifications.
- Support and lead, as assigned, continuous improvement initiatives focused on quality, safety, environmental, customer service, cost reduction, and supply chain.
- Develop, improve, and maintain all necessary production tooling and fixtures (molds, dies, etc...) required to manufacture product.
- Effectively interact with all levels of personnel, including operators, engineers, managers, suppliers, customers, etc. Demonstrate servant leadership practices to help transition our culture.
- Conduct studies and analysis of manufacturing operations as well as equipment, material, manpower and methods.
- Develop and recommend improved layouts for offices, manufacturing operations, and storage areas making required analysis of material flow, equipment, manpower, material, and storage requirements.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or related disciplines
- Project management skills relating to process improvement projects and capital equipment installations
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office products, Google products, and AutoCAD / Solidworks.
Restricted area; manufacturing floor (protective clothes, safety glasses, safety shoes); office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
This job has expired.