An exciting opportunity exists to join the ProAssurance family of companies!
We are a specialty writer of professional liability, products liability and workers' compensation insurance. With approximately 1,000 team members operating in all 50 states, we are well-positioned to offer career opportunities to individuals interested in professional growth.
The goal of our Internship Program is to provide you with a meaningful opportunity to gain real-world business experience in the insurance and marketing arena. You will be exposed to a fast-paced, collaborative, and highly professional environment within the corporate structure. Under the guidance of our leadership team, you will gain exposure to various facets of our healthcare professional liability insurance business including our claims and underwriting philosophy and practice.
ProAssurance Corporation is an industry leader in providing a range of specialty insurance solutions. The organization's group of companies specializes in providing the full spectrum of healthcare liability, workers' compensation, and legal professional liability insurance options. ProAssurance professionals possess deep knowledge of underwriting, risk management, and claims handling, all while representing a unique pledge to treat clients and all involved fairly.
We exist to Protect Others.
We will be the best in the world at understanding and providing solutions for the risks our customers encounter as healers, innovators, employers and professionals.
Through an integrated family of specialty companies, products, and services, we will be a trusted partner enabling those we serve to focus on their vital work.
As the employer of choice, we embrace every day as a singular opportunity to reach for extraordinary outcomes, build and deepen superior relationships, and accomplish our mission with infectious enthusiasm and unbending integrity.
Position DescriptionYou will be responsible for...
- Unbending Integrity
Leadership that works
- Infectious Enthusiasm
- Superior Relationships
- Administrative support for direct mail campaigns, supply deployment, and event preparation
- Collaborating with others on the Marketing and Communications team in pursuit of completion of insured thought leadership and prospect awareness activities
- Participating in discussions regarding the review of new and renewal business and assisting in gathering essential data needed for review
- Routine and miscellaneous research projects regarding the healthcare professional liability market segment
- Assisting in gathering essential data needed in preparation for direct awareness and thought leadership initiatives and subsequent analysis
- Participating in regular team meetings
- Partnering with experienced team members in multiple projects across functional areas
- Attending meetings with other teams and departments, as needed, for the purposes of gathering details and product knowledge necessary for collateral development
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working on multiple, simultaneous assignments
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with a general understanding of data analytics
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team as well as act autonomously when appropriate
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Finance or other relevant field from an accredited college/university
- Excellent relationship and presentation skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, as requested
- Availability for flexible work schedule during normal office hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., M-F)
Position Salary RangeExact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
This job has expired.
- You will participate in training during your internship. This training program will expose you to our culture and provide you with a knowledge base to draw upon throughout the remainder of your internship and beyond
- Interns receive a competitive salary of $15 to $17 per hour (based on skill level)
- Interns will be paid through local temporary agency and not as through ProAssurance payroll and benefits.
- Interns will be encouraged to take part in a resume review by experienced and highly qualified marketing/communication professionals
- Interns who successfully complete the program may be considered for full-time employment after graduation