Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Below are details on an open job. If the role interests you and you would like to be considered we encourage you to apply!!
The hourly rate for this position at Scotts/Hawthorne will generally fall between $19.00 - 21.00. Scotts/Hawthorne will consider various factors in determining the actual pay including your skills, qualifications, experience, and geographical location.
We're looking for multiple Marketing Interns who will join our Marketing team in Marysville, OH for the Summer of 2024. Most positions will be a hybrid based role where you will spend time at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, OH and remotely.
We are looking to bring 7-10 interns on this summer!
Our internship program is designed to place you in the marketing area you are most interested in and/or best fit for. Opportunities exist in multiple different departments including Omnichannel Strategy and Analytics, Ecommerce Content, Consumer Services, Performance Media, and Digital Brand and Design. Over the course of 12 weeks you will work on meaningful projects and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. We are committed to your development but will also rely on you to bring new knowledge, new ideas, and innovation into our organization.
Interns will be assigned an individual project focused on real world opportunities within their hiring manager's team. Projects could include: competitive analysis, process optimization, data analysis, and/or strategic planning. A final project presentation will be presented to leadership at the end of the internship program. In addition to the individual project, interns will be assigned a group project case study that will simulate the cross-functional nature of working on the team.
Opportunities exist in each of these fields:
What you'll need to be successful:
Omnichannel Strategy & Analytics
- We are composed of three core teams: shopper marketing, sales strategy, and digital analytics.
- Each team supports the organization by providing qualitative and quantitative insights, while aiding the organization to execute effective decisions.
- With internal and external partners, we guide both the business's planning and its consumers' experiences through reporting, analytics, and promotional planning.
- Our energetic team is focused on optimizing and managing the consumer experience on eCommerce Retailer and SMG-Owned sites.
- We masterfully tell product stories online within concise retailer requirements to drive traffic, conversion and sales.
- We support all SMG and HGC brands across a wide variety of products and categories (lawn and garden, hydroponics, live goods, indoor gardening, home decor, etc.).
- Consumer Services is the heart and soul of SMGs consumer experience.
- We answer questions, assist with purchases/orders and resolve complaints for all of our brands across North America.
- We directly interact with consumers via phone, email, chat, text, and social media, and share consumer sentiment and feedback across the business so that areas like R&D, ecommerce and marketing can improve sales & retention.
Digital Brand and Design
- Our merchandising team is responsible for executing cross-category strategies to improve a customer's experience on our digital commerce platforms. This includes translating marketing priorities (4 P's- product, pricing, promo, place) into a flexible and consumer first digital experience in order to drive digital traffic, conversion rates, and increase site performance.
- This is a unique opportunity to play a key role on a dynamic ecommerce team, passionate about driving our digital Greendigs brand and flagship direct core brands. You will be involved in collaborating with partners to set the direction and build online merchandising, marketing and business plans.
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree in business, marketing, finance, statistics, economics or related field
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication
- Organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects, task and priorities
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to use data to identify insights and recommendations;
- Ability to work cross-functionally and thrive in a team environment
- Passion and interest in eCommerce, Digital Marketing, Analytics, and/or CPG industry
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.