Directs and coordinates activities of the materials team, supporting the purchasing, planning, and shipment of materials within an industrial organization by performing the following duties personally, through direct reports, or through others. This position is with the Kollmorgen team in Radford, VA. Kollmorgen is part of Altra (AIMC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading a team in scheduling, planning, production control, logistics, and supply chain in order to ensure proper flow of materials throughout the value streams
- Drives action plans and problem solving activities to ensure that the team meets or exceeds critical performance metrics in On-Time Delivery, Inventory Turns, and Cost Initiatives
- Leads materials team in continuous improvement efforts: specifically as it relates to direct materials cost objectives, inventory management principles, and material handling procedures.
- Resolves bottlenecks relating to materials to prevent operational delays.
- Aligns site materials organization with global sourcing initiatives. Leads site level sourcing efforts to ensure quality levels are maintained or improved, cost reductions are maximized, and no disruption to production while meeting inventory target.
- Modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance team performance.
Job Requirements NATURE and SCOPE
Must exercise continuous improvement leadership to focus the efforts of the Materials and Shipping teams on key priorities. Must relentlessly develop the talent and strength of the team through team building, coaching, and mentorship of associates in both technical and behavioral skills. Must be technically proficient to "troubleshoot" issues relating to materials, shipping, and related systems. A strong commitment to quality, cost, and on-time delivery is required. Must focus on customer expectations, strive for and lead continuous improvement resulting in improved results recognizable by the team, internal and external customers, and the overall organization. QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or related is required.
- Prior materials management experience is required.
- Minimum experience of 5 years within procurement or relevant experience is required.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing is required.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) is a plus.
- Global procurement experience is a plus.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.