Responsible for creating a comprehensive estimate of damages for 1st and 3rd party material damage claims leading to the proper disposition of claims. Serve as a mentor for other field representatives and assist with file reviews and file audits as needed. The ideal candidate will be located in Asheville, NC area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Create a estimate of damages for 1st and 3rd party material damage
- Inspect damaged property and complete appropriate estimates and documentation
- Work toward claim resolution by maintaining regulatory compliance and fair claims practices within their authority
- Summarize claims in excess of authority and submit to manager for approval
- Maintain relations with both internal and external customers
- Negotiate settlements, make settlement payments and document all activities in the file
- Identify potential subrogation and fraud referral opportunities and refer to the appropriate representatives when potential exists
- Stay informed of changes in the collision repair industry as well as statutory and regulatory changes as they relate to material damage and communicate these changes to other claims personnel
- Performs other duties as directed
- as a mentor for other field representatives
- May assist with file reviews and file audits as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience in any combination of the areas: automobile estimates, collision repair and/or insurance environment
- Possess valid driver licensing and continuing education to keep license current
- Possess solid knowledge of material damage
- Possess 3+ years of experience as a material damage estimator either in the insurance industry or the collision repair industry
- Ability to obtain and maintain adjuster licenses as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to operate electronic devices including computers, cameras and cell phones
- Ability to create estimates by way of estimating software
- Possess effective interpersonal skills
- Possess effective negotiation skills
- Ability to problem solve, resolve conflicts and empathize with customers
- Possess effective skills in time management, organization, the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines and remain flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess solid knowledge of estimatics software (Mitchell/CCC/Audatex, etc.)
- Successful completion of one or more of the industry related courses or workshops: I-CAR training, structural damage analysis, steering and suspension, RV and heavy equipment and/or ASE
- Possess 5+ years of experience as a material damage estimator either in the insurance industry or the collision repair industry
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.