Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Attend safety meetings and participate in safety program,
- Maintenance repairs on all equipment including, but not limited to the shedder, eddy current, hydraulics, etc.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment, hand tools and personal knowledge to determine root cause.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and schematics.
- Change liners, grates, hammers, etc. on the shedder.
- Possess specific fundamental knowledge of bearings, power transmission equipment, hydraulics/pneumatics, lubrication, welding principles, rigging, overhead cranes,gearboxes, and mobile equipment operation.
- Work with maintenance teammates on preventive maintenance repairs, scheduled repair projects and normal production.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems with ability to assist with unscheduled repairs as needed.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Keep grounds clear or any debris while maintaining safety standards.
- General labor duties that might include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment throughout the yard.
- Effectively communicate over radio with teammates.
- Willing to cross- train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
- Other duties assigned by your manager.
Preferred Qualifications:Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of 2- years electrical and mechanical maintenance experience in either heavy industrial operations and/or manufacturing environment requited.
- Knowledge of NEC codes.
- Experience with hand tools, power tools and stick welding.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment as needed.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes of priority and complete job task safety and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work overtime, off-hours, weekends, and holidays in an industrial environment which included being outdoors in all weather conditions.