Provide technical assessment, analysis, recommendations, and implementation support of available industry technologies and options for utilization in the support of regulatory requirements (i.e. pharmaceutical serialization, vision, plc).
Work closely with technical and business teams and management to communicate and provide understanding and direction of industry technologies supporting regulatory requirements.
Requires working familiarity of process, packaging, inspection system automation, as well as interfacing with customers, manufacturers, 3rd party vendors, and management.
- Perform technical assessments, analysis, and solutions recommendations of available and potential technologies supporting control systems/plc.
- Work with business and technical delivery teams and project management to develop business requirements, technical specifications, and project timelines and costs.
- Routinely work safely and correctly use PPE. Have a Behavior Based Safety mindset with all tasks performed.
- Develop professional relationships and work closely with internal technical and external vendor technical teams and management to determine direction, solutions, and processes to meet industry technical standards and requirements.
- Research and communication of new technologies to business and technical teams as well as new automation directions and standards to continue to improve corporate capabilities and position as an industry leader.
- Routinely maintains, troubleshoots and develops application solutions for automated serialization and controls systems and software.
- The incumbent may be required to work any shift and may be required to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime. The incumbent may be required to carry and respond to a cell phone or radio.
- Work with all departments providing support and training to manufacturing operations and to improve methods for automated data collection and reporting, and overall reliability and performance of equipment and systems. This includes existing systems and new installation projects. Keep an open line of communication across departments and managerial lines.
- Familiarity and ability to use software systems for Work Orders. Ability to identify the appropriate materials and parts to maintain and repair equipment and order the parts using automated methods.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to interact with internal and external personnel providing timely information to avoid production delays. This includes timely, accurate, and neat completion of documentation, such as work orders and reports that meet GMP requirements.
Company Overview Who we are?
- Minimum of Associate's degree in the field of Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science Technology, or other relevant field, with relevant experience, or sufficient relevant work experience of a nature to warrant consideration.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in development on automation controls and systems is preferred.
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, or Elau systems is preferred.
- Experience with network security and IT preferred.
- Experience with maintenance of mission critical production automation systems strongly preferred.
- Experience in a process/packaging or other light industrial environment preferred.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patients' lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.