Picture yourself at Thomson.
For more than 75 years, Thomson has been a leader in the mechanical motion technology industry, designing, manufacturing, and marketing products highlighted by globally trusted brand names and innovative technologies. In short, we help our customers build better machines to improve lives.
At the core of our success has always been smart, creative and determined people, coming together from diverse backgrounds with tremendous experience and unique abilities. Today, this rings true more than ever for our 1,300+ employees at facilities across North America, Europe and Asia. Our corporate strategy requires that we recruit and develop only the finest people to guide and sustain our business' long-term growth. In return, Thomson offers a challenging, yet fun, work environment and rewarding career opportunities for ambitious and talented individuals.
We invite you to explore the opportunity of advancing your career with Thomson. For more information about us, visit www.thomsonlinear.com.
The Mechanical Design Engineer position will be responsible for the development of new products (platform or Customer Lead Opportunity - CLO) that meet performance, cost, and quality requirements. Along with other responsibilities, this position will also generate clear technical documentation and procedures that can be referenced by other design, manufacturing, or quality engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support existing products through cost reduction, failure analysis, application solution and product derivatives.
- Provide drawing and documentation approval for simple to medium complexity components and processes
- Provide recommendations with corresponding documentation to engineering manager or project team for complex components and processes
- MRB dispositioning (Material Review Board)
- Use of computer-aided design analysis tools to optimize designs in an efficient manner
- Position requires 5-10% travel
- Meeting TG2 contract deliverables (launch OTD, product & project cost and quality metrics)
- Deliver designs that meet VOC and VOP (voice of process) inputs and requirements
- Product and process design documentation that leverages reference designs and best practices enabling design traceability
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
Analytical Thinking - identifies patterns across data or situations that are not obviously related
Communication - listens to others and creates clarity through verbal and written communications
Customer Focus - clearly articulates customer needs to drive customer satisfaction; provides excellent service to internal and external customers
Decision Making - makes timely and informed decisions that consider the facts, constraints, risks, and likely impacts
Entrepreneurial Spirit - actively seeks out and recognizes opportunities that help company grow, improve, and evolve
Organizational Effectiveness - effectively navigates organizational structures and drives momentum to achieve desired outcomes
Problem Solving - methodically defines, investigates, and executes effective solutions
- 4-year degree (BS) in Engineering
- 3 years required experience
- Ability to perform design calculations
- Use of computer-aided design tools
- Understanding of design requirement, part function and manufacturing principles
- Ability to facilitate a technical discussion with internal and external customers (application or spec review and VOC)
- Ability to solve moderately complex problems
This job has expired.