Founded in 1999, MHS is a full-service provider of innovative material handling systems that solve the challenges of distribution and fulfillment operations. We build, engineer and maintain systems for some of the biggest companies in the world, including UPS, FedEx, Walmart, Amazon and others. MHS is already one of the 10 largest material handling system suppliers worldwide, and we only expect to continue growing. We're looking for top talent to be part of the journey.
The Mechanical Project Engineer is responsible for providing coordination and oversight for all the mechanical design engineering activities associated with their assigned project. The Mechanical Project Engineer will lead the team of designers to develop the mechanical installation drawings and other project deliverables. The mechanical project engineer will be the liaison between the mechanical engineering team and other groups including systems and pre-engineering, electrical engineering, project management, field installation personnel, suppliers, and the customer's engineering representatives. The mechanical project engineer will be responsible for tracking engineering progress against the overall project schedule and coordinating & communicating schedule issues with the MHS project manager. The mechanical project engineer is responsible for requisitioning all mechanical related material on a given project.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Lead team of designers to develop and execute installation drawing sets per the overall system design and manifest
- Develop an understanding for the mechanical engineering requirements per project customer, as well as general parcel handling knowledge
- Project scope definitions
- Contract change orders
- Customer specifications / standards.
- Develop and execute an engineering plan, resource requirement, and schedule that supports the overall project scope, schedule, and allotted engineering hours
- Maintain the overall project manifest
- Review and approve vendor supplied designs, equipment, and drawings
- Review internal installation drawings and submit to customer and mechanical field crew per installation schedule
- Provide technical interface with customer's project representative(s)
- Compile material requirements and requisition all mechanical components and project materials
- Communicate project specific information with other MHS departments including systems & pre-engineering, structural engineering, permitting, project management, purchasing, electrical engineering, field installation, and fabrication departments
- Execute project with emphasis on cost-reduction, quality, and customer-centric focus
- Provide support to field install team throughout duration of project installation
- Collect, compile and submit project start-up and as-built documentation and programs
Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge of:
- AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault, BIM, and other engineering software
- Microsoft Office; preferred experience with Microsoft Project
- Oral and Written Communications; Advanced knowledge of preparing and delivering presentations; excellent written capabilities
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to prioritize changing task and workflow
- The ability to communicate and collaborate with others, and in other departments
- The ability to effectively lead in a small group setting
- The ability to provide both constructive criticism and positive feedback to team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years working in industrial/material handling field is preferred
: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc.Physical Demands
: NoneOther Relevant Information:
This position may require up to 10% travel to various sitesIt is the policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MHS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.