Medical Assistant - Primary Care- Albany, NY - FT
If you are looking for a Medical Assistant position in Albany, Full Time, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places. This position is located at 5 Palisades Dr.
What you will do:
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
Work/Life: Monday - Friday Office Hours
The Medical Assistant is responsible to perform the duties of the position in support of the nurses and physicians in providing quality medical care.Responsibilities:
What you will need:Preferred Qualifications
- Escorts patient to exam room, takes appropriate vital signs and documents all necessary health information into the electronic medical record.
- Responds to patients concerns appropriately.
- Completes referrals and obtains pre-authorizations for diagnostic testing.
- Follows proper protocol for collection and delivery of specimens.
- Participates in all required meetings and practice huddles.
- Completes incoming patient forms and ensures forms are scanned into the electronic medical record if applicable.
- Uses Universal Precautions with all encounters. Knows and follows procedure for handling occurrences involving exposure to blood or other body fluid.
- Documents all exposure incidents per St Peter's Health Partners Medical Associates policy.
- Notifies physician regarding patients in need of physician intervention.
- Ensures that patient exam rooms are stocked and cleaned at all times.
- Follows office protocol to ensure adequate supplies are ordered and stocked.
- Performs office testing with appropriate training and within scope of practice.
- Handles medical waste appropriately.
- Provides educational materials to patients.
- Provides patients with electronic copy of medical record.
- If applicable perform front-end functions to insure achievement of established revenue cycle metrics, consistent with excellence standards and practice workflows:
- Scheduling and registration
- Charge entry/claims
- End of day processes
- General duties including but not limited to:
- Document processing
- Inbox monitoring
- Complies with Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) care delivery model.
- Performs all mandatory training.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
- Works cooperatively with all team members to ensure quality patient care at all times.
- Communicates respectfully and effectively with providers, clinical staff, colleagues, managers and others.
- Adheres to St Peter's Health Partners Medical Associates Code of Conduct in performance of all job duties.
- Obtains and maintains medical assistant certification according to MA certification policy.
- Cross covers other areas as needed
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Training Program
- Holds National Medical Assistant Certification: CMA, CCMA, RMA
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- At least 10 months' work and/or clinical training experience in the healthcare field
- Proficient in obtaining manual vital signs
- Experience using an electronic health record system
- Commitment to confidentiality and respect
- Ability to obtain and record patient data including but not limited to: prior health history, family history, allergies, current medications, current complaints, health screening questionnaires
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and medical terminology
- Experience assisting physicians, nurses, or other healthcare providers in performing clinical tasks and procedures
Ability to provide patients with information related to theiOur Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.