At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As Medical Lead, GU US Medical Affairs, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing practice and patients' lives.
The Medical Lead, GU -US Medical Affairs is preferably a board-certified physician however, maybe a PhD/PharmD who has a history of clinical research or significant industry experience in the Oncology therapeutic area. The Medical Lead is knowledgeable of the actions of regulatory bodies, in particular the FDA, and has experience in all aspects of clinical trials. The ideal candidate should have significant experience in their medical specialty and would thrive on proactively engaging internal and external leaders and will serve as a medical expert for their compound(s) and/or disease area. They will also have strong commercial aptitude and/or experience, including proven ability to translate and appropriately align commercial and scientific goals and objectives. They will have solid peer relationships with external scientific and clinical experts in Oncology.
This position is based ON SITE at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for the US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit. The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, a full-service cafeteria, state-of-the-art on-campus Daycare facility, and copy center. This is where you'll find newly-designed, activity-based workspaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams.
- All activities of study team physicians for US local trials include design of trials, medical oversight of trial conduct, data interpretation as appropriate, and execution of compassionate use approaches.
- Develop the medical Externally Sponsored Scientific Research program to align with strategy
- Ascertaining the medical accuracy and fair balance of medical information in promotional material and learning materials for both internal and external use.
- Lead the Medical Evidence generation strategy as a core member of the Core Medical Team (CMT).
- Interact with leaders of groups identified as strategic partners, including both payer and provider groups.
- Interact with leaders in the therapy area (external experts, Academic Institutions, and Professional Societies).
- Play an integral role in the planning and participation of national and regional medical advisory boards.
- Play an integral role in the planning and providing of training for external medical/scientific speakers.
- Provide clinical education and training for internal stakeholders such as regional scientific managers and members of product sales teams.
- Maintain key links into global brand clinical activities by maintaining collaborative working relationships with Oncology medical physicians
- Supply medical input into safety profile of the product in collaboration with Patient Safety (PS) physicians
- Work with commercial brand teams to provide scientific and clinical expertise/input into strategic and tactical decisions in support of AstraZeneca products acting as medical experts for disease areas.
- Work closely with our Medical Science Liaisons (MSL) and National Clinical Account Managers to appropriately support key accounts.
- Supply medical insight into promotional material along with learning materials for internal and external use
- Work closely with the Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) to ensure alignment of US and Global strategies.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school and recipient of M.D., D.O. preferred; PhD or PharmD degree in Sciences or equivalent with relevant experience required
Background in practicing clinical medicine, clinical or academic research or pharmaceutical experience required
- Current disease state focus of ONCOLOGY
- Familiarity with biostatistics, epidemiology and health outcomes preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organization skills.
- Strong business acumen, including working knowledge of changing U.S. payer and provider landscape.
- Proven ability to interact productively with both commercial and scientific/ medical colleagues.
- Board certification/eligibility preferred in internal medicine, medical oncology or a related relevant specialty, Oncology preferred.
- Additional training such as an M.P.H., M.B.A. or other advanced degrees.
- Knowledge of relevant Professional Societies and Scientific Medical Experts.
Experience with pharmaceutical drug development and Medical/Scientific Affairs
- Current experience in Oncology - DDR and/or Prostate Cancer disease state
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting-edge methods, and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
This job has expired.