Hartley & Parker, a division of Martignetti Companies, is one of the premier wholesalers of fine wines and spirits in the state of Connecticut. Founded in 1941, the company remains a family run organization committed to achieving exceptional service in the presentation and delivery of our products. With thousands of brands of fine wines and spirits from all over the world, our extensive and growing product portfolio includes some of the most respected brands in the industry.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers and building strong relationships with our suppliers. Thanks to our valued customers, suppliers and employees, we continue to be one of CT's leading distributors of fine wine and spirits.
Interested in working in the wine/spirits industry? The Merchandiser role is a paid training ground to jump start your sales career in the beverage industry. There is an opportunity for professional development and growth within the Company. This role provides an opportunity to learn the various divisions, portfolios, brands, and sales technology.
To support sales and marketing efforts of the company by ensuring the visibility in the assigned account. This is accomplished through utilization of creative displays, Point of Sale placement, activation materials, brand development, stocking & maintaining shelves, counter, cold box & windows. This role requires creative, fast paced thinking and collaborative teamwork with sales personnel and customers.
- Build relationships with the accounts on your route
- Emphasize your name upon entry and the company you represent
- Gain and secure prime positioning of our products in retail establishments
- Assist with promotional initiatives to enhance store presentation and drive sales
- Display organizational skills to maximize efficiency during store visits
- Install window signs
- Manage and hang shelf talkers
- Participate in Store Sets (setting up new stores) and resets
- Meet delivery trucks at accounts and help unload
- Collaborate with Sales team to secure key floor & shelf locations of featured items
- Take pictures in your account for GSC (Go Spot Check) and Traxx
- A company vehicle is provided for company-related business
- Keep company vans organized, clean & up to date on service
- Special assignments and projects as needed
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must live in the New Haven County Area
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds repetitively
- Must be able to climb ladders one and a half stories
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Be independent, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Have attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Be a team player with the ability to effectively communicate
- Previous beverage company experience is not necessary but a plus
Physical Demands and Environment:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree or equivalent work experience/training/education preferred
- Candidate must possess valid Connecticut driver's license and registration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required drive their own car, ability to bend and lift product weighing up to 35 lbs. Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors and co-workers. Ability to stand, walk and move in and out of a vehicle throughout the day.Company Benefits
We provide excellent benefits including competitive pay, comprehensive medical/dental insurance, pension, 401(k) and more.
Martignetti Companies prides itself on being a company where you can bring your best self to work every day. We strive to be an employer of choice where everyone feels that they belong. We do so by acting on our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and offering a substantial benefits package that includes generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision insurance, a comprehensive 401K plan, and employee discounts. All are welcome to apply to work for a company that truly believes its employees are its greatest asset!
Martignetti Companies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Martignetti Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This job has expired.