Overview / Responsibilities
Wood currently has an immediate opening for a Junior to Mid-level Environmental Chemist to join our San Francisco Bay Area offices. The applicant's primary initial role will be to conduct data validation, fill out data validation forms, and check quality assurance/quality control QA/QC aspects of environmental projects for both private and Federal sector clients. Applicant may also be involved in the development and preparation of project Work Plans, Quality Assurance Project Plans, Sampling and Analysis Plans, and the tracking of field operations and lab data analysis. Database management or field work are other potential tasks if the need arises.
Skills / Qualifications
Key initial responsibilities include
Role Requirements and Preferences
- Analytical data validation (up to Stage 4) in accordance with EPA National Functional Guidelines and other regulatory guidelines, data review, compilation of QA/QC forms, tables, and report writing
- Development of environmental sampling programs
- Data forensics, assistance with laboratory coordination, and database support
- Assist proposal teams with selection of analytical methodology, evaluate laboratory proposals, and establish QA/QC parameters
- Will need to coordinate with Project / Senior Chemists on a daily basis, and support Principal Chemist for special projects
- Work with laboratories to ensure data meets client requirements and project data quality objectives
- Support data management tasks
- B.S./B.A. in Chemistry or related field required (BS Chem strongly preferred but not essential)
- 1 to 5 years working in an environmental analytical laboratory required
- Experience writing analytical standard operating procedures
- Familiarity with USEPA analytical Methods
- Experience with operation and use of analytical laboratory equipment (e.g., ICP, ICP-MS, HPLC, GC, and/or GC/MS) is preferred
- Knowledge of the principles and standards of scientific study, field investigation, sampling, experimentation, quality assurance of chemical measurements, research and documentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word (Access strongly preferred but not essential); familiarity with EQuIS database program
- Detail oriented, good technical writing skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with team members as well as independently
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.