HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
Provides continuous observation and surveillance, via continuous video monitoring, of assigned patients. First line of action is o verbally redirect the patient from engaging in at risk behavior. Summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance. It is critical that the Video Monitor Assistant (VMA) provides timely and accurate communication via phone as well as accurate documentation. Knowledgeable and supportive of patient and institutional confidentiality and related hospital policies.
Join the Massena Hospital (MH) team and be part of our mission to provide top-notch healthcare to our community! Massena Hospital is a vital part of our community, offering exceptional healthcare services in a welcoming and compassionate environment. We are an acute care facility with 25 beds, providing a wide range of medical, surgical, and pediatric care.
STATUS: Part Time
LOCATION: Massena Hospital
SCHEDULE: 8 Hour Evening/Night Shift
- 1 year or less of related experience
- Required: High school or equivalent
- Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of the video monitoring software.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the appropriate care to this patient population based on the patient's individualized plan as delegated by the RN.
- Maintains visual observation at all times. Dedicated attention to observing patients with no outsidedistractions (such as personal phone, etc.)
- Verbally redirects patient over the digital 2-way audio device that is in the patient's room.
- Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment. Never leaves monitor station unattended if patients are being monitored.
- Provides patients with explanations asappropriate.
- Maintain documentation.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others.
- Participates in collaborative identification of and reporting of safety issues.
- Assures the patient's environment is safe. Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to Charge nurse or Primary nurse.
- Functions in role of CNA when there are no patients to be monitored via continuous video monitoring.
M - Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; Requires frequent walking, standing or squatting. Pay Range
$16.43 - $21.78
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
This job has expired.