GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
This position is for a full time Electrical Engineer who interface directly with GlobalFoundries customs to create custom millimeter wave (mmWave) manufacturing test solutions. This engineer will create test requirements, design mmWave hardware, debug test hardware and write C++ test programs on a microwave tester, to be able to test mmWave wafers or packaged devices. The engineer will interface with external customers to understand requirements for testing their integrated circuits on wafers fabricated in GlobalFoundries. The engineer will develop a test solution using a commercial Tester. The engineer will work in a highly skilled team of BS, MS and PHd EE, CS and ME engineers inventing and continuously improving our systems for testing mmWave semiconductors.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Communicate with our Customer's engineering staff on the product requirements for testing their mmWave components.
- Understand the basic design of mmWave circuits and the electrical equipment required to measure those circuits.
- Design test circuit boards using Cadence Allegro, which will interface between the device under test and the test equipment.
- Write test programs using C++ in a Linux environment
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- 5-year experience developing test solutions for the an ATE Test platform
- Education - BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2 Years' Experience Designing or developing test solutions for Logic devices
- Travel - (1% travel required)
- Strong Java Programming skills in a Linux environment
- Language Fluency - English
- Physical Capacity Demands - ability to use a computer
- Available for work in Burlington Vermont
- Must be physically located in Burlington and work on site
- Knowledge of ADS momentum or equivalent RF circuit simulation tools
- PhD EE in RF engineering
- Experience programming in a Linux environment
- Experience designing RF circuits
- Hands on experience with RF matching and RF test equipment
- Knowledge of R or equivalent data analysis software
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.