As a Superintendent on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will schedule, coordinate and supervise production and workforce engaged on your assigned area of the project.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados USA, Flatiron and VINCI has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project -the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Supervises assigned project work and liaises between field engineering, estimating, and workforce to ensure project compliance with contract drawings and
- Plans work methods, materials, equipment needs and work schedule for assigned project work. Reviews daily work schedule with direct reports and provides input for weekly/monthly schedule updates based on project
- Reviews and understands the project specifications to support job set up activities. Works with work crews, field engineers and local utility companies to identify hazardous areas on job
- Presents production work plan during initial project meeting to ensure all project crews and leaders are in
- Coordinates with internal equipment team and external vendors to ensure that project is equipped with appropriate equipment and material quantities to complete production within assigned budget and
- Forecasts the work schedule to identify possible issues and provides technical or scheduling recommendations to mitigate production
- Provides technical input to identify and resolve project risks including construction methods, work plan and material requirements, safety and schedule activities. Documents daily activities and meeting notes using Company approved document
- Coordinates with internal and external departments to ensure all mandated inspections are completed within requested timeframes.
- Supports and promotes strict adherence to safety and process controls regarding operating equipment, worksite safety and documentation requirements.
- Supervises sub-contractor production and workforce regarding assigned project work. Recommends work schedule or work method adjustments regarding sub-contractor activities, as
- Coordinates project close out activities in line with project standards and Owner checklist requirements.
- Performs additional assignments per management's
- Where relevant, insert any specific knowledge/responsibility as required: structures, marine, grading etc.
- 5+ years of heavy civil construction experience (roads/bridges/marine/tunneling), with at least 3+ years management experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree considered a plus.
- Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) certification preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills required.
- Strong leadership capability with internal drive to mentor and grow internal talent.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site equipment operation and maintenance requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of construction site safety protocols and proven ability to enforce project safety programs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret standards and contract specific plans and specifications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.