The NPD Metrology Coordinator will support Bobcat Company's new product development (NPD) and early concept prototyping. This individual will utilize metrology tools such as 3D scanners to collect, analyze, and report data to project stakeholders to optimize design, documentation, and processes. Responsible for maintaining equipment and calibration as well as researching and justifying new equipment/software needs. Leverage computer-aided design (CAD) to assist with the development of prototype fixtures.
Role & Responsibility
Measurement & Inspection
CAD Modeling & Fixture Design
- Evaluate the quality of supplied and/or internally manufactured components for conformance to specifications using the appropriate metrology equipment
- 3D scanning of piece parts, weldments, full machines, and job sites
- Development of measurement and inspection programs for new projects
- Utilize software and GD&T principles to align and analyze inspection data
- Generate reports to communicate inspection results
- Collect and utilize scan data to reverse engineer components
- Basic understanding and application of engineering principles during the product development process
- Utilize CAD knowledge to help drive optimized print content and quality
- Design and 3D modeling of prototype fixtures
- Application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ensure designated calibrated equipment is available and that calibrations are maintained
- Monitor the latest technology and assist with justifications for capital expenditure requests (CERs) and/or other equipment purchases
- Assist with the instruction and training of others
- Develop and refine processes and capabilities to align with organizational needs
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Coordination with external partners
- Associates Degree in engineering and/or technical field experience
- 5-10 years' experience
- Proficient in computer-aided design, problem-solving, and knowledge of our product
- Experience with CAD software
- Detailed knowledge/experience in the product line of focus
- Solid understanding of engineering principles
- Strong decision-making process and problem-solving tools/methodologies
- Travel < 10%
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed fostering an inclusive and a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 701-476-4263. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.
This job has expired.