Location: Wood River, IL
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioners needed for PCR COVID Testing at Long Term Care facilities
Long Term Care facilities are located in zip codes are 62002, 62025, 62035, 62062, 62095
Pay $ 65/hr
Schedules are one to two times/week per facility
Hours - 6:45a-4:00p
Active NP license
All PPE provided
Zoom orientation/training with CMO prior to assignmentDuties/Procedures:
E/M Encounter and COVID19 Testing:
1. Identify patient and review pertinent recent and past medical history as well as any history of nasal trauma or surgery.
2. Record recent vital signs and contemporaneous temperature.
3. Ask patient which side they sleep on and which nostril feels the clearest.
4. Examine the clear nostril by asking the patient to occlude each nostril and breath through each one. One at a time to
verify patient description of which is the clear side.
5. Ask the patient to take one spray of Afrin in the open nostril. Explain that this will make the nasal pharyngeal swab
collection the easiest on the patient. (the patient or the facility should supply the Afrin)
6. Examine the clear nostril with a bright spotlight.
7. Push the tip of the patient's nose upwards with one hand while inserting the nasal pharyngeal swab approximately 7
cm. Or until slight resistance is felt. (This should be done by following the procedure outlined in the training video).
8. Withdraw the NP swab and insert into the transport media contained in the transport tube. Break the swab off into the
tube and seal the tube.EHR Documentation:
1. Use the appropriate E&M code for the encounter by following the published guidelines for HPI, Exam, focused ROS,
Indications for the encounter, ordering physician (facility medical director)
2. A template will be provided for guidance with documentation.
3. Place Encounter Form into the Biohazard Specimen Collection Bag
Please send qualified resumes Dave Friedman at Dfriedman@judge.comContact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
This job has expired.