CenterWell Senior Primary Care, a subsidiary of Humana Inc., is the new brand for a primary care medical group practice with centers open or opening in Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. CenterWell Senior Primary Care has a strong emphasis on senior-focused primary care for members of Medicare Advantage health plans and is committed to providing personalized, high-quality primary care combined with an excellent patient experience. CenterWell Senior Primary Care has experience in both the treatment and management of most chronic and acute-care conditions. The practices also provide health education and value-added, well-being services at the centers and around their neighborhoods to help both patients and community members improve their health.
At CenterWell Senior Primary Care, we want to help those in the communities we serve, including our associates, lead their best lives. We support our associates in becoming happier, healthier, and more productive in their professional and personal lives. We promote lifelong well-being by giving our associate fresh perspective, new insights, and exciting opportunities to grow their careers. Our culture is focused on teamwork and providing a positive and welcoming environment for all.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) works in our team-based care environment. We are a value based care provider focused on quality of care for the patients we serve. Our care team consists of doctors, advanced practice professionals, Pharm D, Care Coach Nurse, MA, Behavioral health specialist, quality based coder, referral coordinator and more. Our approach allows us to provide an unmatched experience for seniors. Our model is positioned to provide higher quality care and better outcomes for seniors by providing a concierge experience, multidisciplinary services, coordinated care supported by analytics and tools, and deep community relationships. This robust support allows our Nurse Practitioner to see fewer patients and spend more time with those they do.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats center patients in accordance with standards of care.
- Follows level of medical care and quality for patients and monitors care using available data and chart reviews.
- Assists in the coordination of patient services, including but not limited to specialty referrals, hospital and SNF coordination, durable medical equipment and home health care.
- Acts as an active participant and lead with the care team through daily huddles.
- Helps Regional Medical Director (RMD), Physician and Center Administrator in setting a tone of cooperation in practice by displaying a professional and approachable demeanor.
- Completes all medical record documentation in a timely manner working with a quality- based coder to optimize coding specificity.
- Follows policy and protocol defined by Clinical Leadership.
- Meets with RMD about quality of care, review of outcome data, policy, procedure and records issues.
- Participates in potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in the local primary care "on-call" program of CenterWell Senior Primary Care.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification, and accrediting bodies.
- Minimum of two to five years directly applicable experience preferred
- Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program with Board Certification
- Active, unrestricted Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant license in state of practice location
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal, demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal relationships and communications with all colleagues; fully engaged in the concept of "Integrated team based care".
- Willingness and ability to learn/adapt to practice in a value based care setting.
- Superior patient/customer service.
- Basic computer skills, including email and EMR.
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of a collaborating physician/medical director
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of CenterWell Senior Primary Care's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Must be able to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance. See Additional Information on testing
Language Proficiency Testing
Any Partners associate who speaks with a member in a language other than English must take a language proficiency assessment, provided by an outside vendor, to ensure competency. Applicants will be required to take the Interagency Language Rating (ILR) test as provided by the Federal Government.Additional Information:
#physiciancareersScheduled Weekly Hours