Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman is looking to hire a Data Architect to support multiple initiatives within our firm. This role will work closely with other architects, developers, and operational staff with a goal of providing awareness and transparency to the architecture efforts. You will be focused on delivering high-quality solutions while driving design decisions across data architecture topics (ingestion, consumption, storage, virtualization, data models, performance & security). We expect an experienced hands-on data architect to provide technically strong solutions that are aligned with Enterprise Architecture principles. This role will collaborate with other colleagues from across the entire organization. Must perform the role and responsibilities with a high level of integrity, ethics, and commitment to service excellence.
- Experience in data architecture, defining data retention policies, monitoring performance, and advising any necessary changes
- Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks, and increase security
- Working with other architects and tech leads to construct a repeatable enterprise architecture solution that is scalable, adaptable, and in synch with ever-changing business needs
- Gather and document Master Data Management (MDM) requirements liaising with various business stakeholders and creating MDM strategy & architecture patterns
- Analysing the business requirements to architect, design and develop highly efficient highly scalable ETL processes
- Experience with data extraction and transformation tools such as (Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) using traditional approaches, experience with more modern real time data pipeline solutions is desirable
- Designs, develops, documents, and maintains ETL mappings and need to be well versed in writing complex SQL queries
- Experience of multi-dimensional modelling like star schema, snowflake, normalized & de-normalized models
- Knowledge of pros and cons of various database technologies like relational, NoSQL etc
- Knowledge of virtualization, performance tuning, optimization, and scaling solutions from a storage/processing perspective
- Maintain batch processing jobs and respond to critical production issues communicate well with stakeholders on their proposal recommendations
- Ability to design and develop dashboards (Tableau/POWERBI etc.) would be a plus
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience working with data technologies, architecture and governance.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Data virtualization & catalogue is a plus
- Demonstrated effectiveness in executive presentation and escalation management
- Agility to work across multiple levels of the organization from developers to senior managers
This job has expired.
- Experience managing complex data requirements and developing robust code that solves for data availability, integrity, quality, and security.
- Strong understanding of enterprise web application development, services-oriented architecture and supporting technologies, and cloud-based SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS models.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork & facilitation since this role requires working with multiple teams.
- Powerful communicator, in both verbal and written form, able to articulate concepts and ideas, break through barriers, engage people, and work effectively with others under pressure.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with multiple technical stakeholders, including executive, engineering, architecture, operations, security, quality assurance, etc.
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team. Able to incorporate strategic objectives, commitments, and day-to-day tasks seamlessly.
- Ability to establish clear goals and expectations, prioritize activities, manage risk, and follow through to completion.
- Neutral toward technology, vendor, and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences.
- Unflappable in the face of opposition to architectural ideals.