About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5000 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
The Senior Event Planner plays a critical role in managing and producing Oliver Wyman's client events. This role is responsible for the strategic development of programs to support key business initiatives and deliver high-quality OW branded events. The role leads all aspects of event design, production, budgets and delivery and requires interaction with executives and senior management to create impactful, high-profile events.
- Lead project management and logistics for all assigned events under the Forum including:
- Work with stakeholders and activation teams to manage timeline, deliverables, success metrics and expenses
- Partner with other regional team members to support onsite planning and execution
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to develop strategy and deliver community building initiatives focused on Client engagement plans
- Research and finalize venue space including site visits, negotiating vendor contracts and other event related needs (entertainment, food & beverage, accommodations, transportation etc.)
- Prepare site comparisons with costs to propose appropriate location/venue, working with key stakeholders to determine location
- Manage communications and program tools - i.e. invite design, registration site development, RSVP lists, and other general event communications
- Distribute event surveys and collect feedback
- Ensure all events and programs are compliant with firm wide standards and policies
- Track expenses to stay within budgetary requirements and process payments upon program completion
- Work with the wider Global Events Team on department wide projects and flagship firm wide events, when required
Skills & Attributes
- 6+ years of event planning experience required
- Solid industry network of peers, hotel partners, vendors and suppliers eg DMCs
- Strong contract and vendor negotiations
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Client service focused - dedicated to meeting expectations through securing effective relationships with clients and executing deliverables to the highest standards.
- Creative and resourceful, focused on innovative and strategic enhancements and solutions that optimize the overall success of the program.
- Highly self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with senior executives and stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to various situations in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Strong program management skills with the ability to manage all details from planning through execution.
- Extremely thorough and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with excellent time management.
- Highly communicative regarding project status and updates, particularly areas of concern.
- Able to highlight potential challenges and take pre-emptive measures to avoid issues. Focused on being proactive and solutions oriented.
- Proficient with vendor contract negotiations and solid understanding of terms.
- Able to take constructive feedback in stride and incorporates feedback.
- A team player with the ability to function independently, but collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- An individual known to exhibit enthusiasm, integrity and willingness to "roll up their sleeves" to get the job done. Flexible attitude, hard-working and results driven.
- Ability to travel as required.
This job has expired.
- Advanced with MS Office PowerPoint (advanced), Excel (advanced) and Word
- Experience with meeting management software such as "Cvent" and the RFP process
- Experience with video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams