Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 25 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 3,000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Our professionals see what others don't, challenge conventional thinking, and consistently deliver innovative, customized solutions. As a result, we have a tangible impact on clients' top and bottom lines. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Practice Overview: Consumer, Industrials and Services (CIS)
Oliver Wyman's Consumer, Industrials and Services (CIS) practice group serves the majority of the world's industries across a number of key geographies. Industry sectors include: Automotive & Manufacturing, Communications, Media & Technology, Energy, Retail & Consumer Products and Transportation & Services. We are searching for candidates with experience in the Transportation & Services sector.
Transportation & Services:
Oliver Wyman's Transportation & Services Practice advises airlines, aerospace manufacturers, railroads, motor carriers, maritime, supply chain and logistics integrators, postal companies, express and freight transport business, as well as governments and regulators to help shape the face of the industry. With deep industry expertise, our consulting team helps clients stay ahead of the competition by working with them on their most challenging problems around strategic growth, digital transformation, commercial effectiveness, operational improvement, and organizational effectiveness.
Our consulting roles offer excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with relevant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Leading teams of consultants on a wide range of topics including (but not limited to) Operations, Digital, Pricing, Sales & Marketing, and Organizational Effectiveness. This typically includes developing hypotheses; managing data collection, model creation and analyses; conducting primary and secondary research; creatively tackling information limitations; and surfacing insights
- Overseeing and guiding the consulting team as they develop hypotheses, review client information and conduct client interviews, derive insights, and produce deliverables
- Synthesizing findings into written presentations; reviewing and discussing with clients and other stakeholders
- Supporting Partners in project execution through excellent project management, including work planning, workflow management, and coaching / developing more junior team members
- Managing client relationships and networks, presenting to senior audiences, and working day-to-day with senior and mid-level clients
- Supporting business development and commercial opportunities
- Effectively communicating issues and solutions in formal and informal settings, through written and verbal communication
- Understand how to deploy best practice, your own (and your team's) expertise and the firm's wider technical competencies to deliver successful projects.
- Know how to guide and influence thinking for your clients and teams.
Just as every client project is different, we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or other similar organizations with project-based, team-oriented environments)
- In-depth knowledge of transportation and services industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to mid- to senior-level executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
Oliver Wyman is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC). For more information, please visit www.oliverwyman.com and follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization
MMC is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We're not perfect yet, but we're working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.
This job has expired.