Do you have expertise in, and curiosity for leading Medical Affairs teams in Oncology? Apply your experience to changing the way cancer is treated at AstraZeneca, a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines. Help to advance our incredible pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure. A dedicated Oncology Business Unit (OBU), this is the place to build a best-in-class career. AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on ground-breaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business.
This is a field-based role, reporting to the National Field Medical Director, Oncology SPMD. The successful candidate will be expected to live within their assigned geographic region. The Oncology Scientific Partnership Medical Director is a member of the Center for Innovations and Medical Excellence group within the US Medical Affairs team. In this role, you will develop and execute systems/institution specific plans for key sites and networks within your geographic region. Focusing on scientific, clinical, and evidence generation.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, develop, support and drive US Oncology Medical Affairs strategy at assigned US-based health systems with a focus on innovation/enterprise-wide activities
- Develop and maintain a clear medical account strategy plan including an enterprise-wide view that reflects the USMA, R&D, and oncology franchise objectives
- Lead through influence when collaborating with other internal stakeholders at AstraZeneca; including but not limited to HEOR, RWE, MSLs, R&D, External Alliances, and Precision Medicine
- Develop strong medical relationships across AstraZeneca functions and key scientific decision makers.
- Act as the single point of contact for medical communications to leadership in assigned US-based health systems.
- Responsible for coordinating AstraZeneca medical/scientific resources to support the needs of decision makers within assigned US-based health systems.
- Develop and drive scientific information exchanges as needed in identified US-based health systems
- This is a field-based positions supporting Al, GA, PR, NC, SC territories
- Advanced Degree required in a relevant scientific field; Doctorate in Science, Medicine, Pharmacy or equivalent area preferred
- Experience in oncology (Basic, Translational, Early Dev Research or Medical Affairs)
- 5+ years of oncology specific experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Thorough knowledge of the US clinical oncology clinical landscape
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Strategic influencing and matrix leadership skills to engage internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment across medical and commercial non-sales functions
- Working knowledge of US healthcare landscape, including US regulatory and compliance requirements
- Advanced Scientific degree
- Previous leadership experience in a strategy-setting role in the pharmaceutical industry
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.