Position at Franklin Energy
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times - to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry's top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization's integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization's most "precious resources" are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
This position is part of our Commercial Excellence team responsible for coordinating and leading preparation of detailed capture plans that support early prepositioning activities, pre-solutioning and early program design activities. The foundation of this role is a deep understanding of industry trends, regulatory environments, operations, and client needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Through internal collaboration across multiple cross functional teams, develop comprehensive capture plans
- In coordination with business development and / or operations participate in customer meeting to understand customer hot buttons, drivers and needs
- Support customer meetings and interactions to shape opportunities
- Oversee pre-strategy and pre-solution workshops to define strategy, win themes, and differentiators
- Participate in pre-positioning activities to understand customer needs. Bring voice of the customer into proposed solutions
- Develop overall capture schedule and coordinate strategy workshops for pre-solutioning, opportunity status reviews, SWOT sessions, collaboration sessions
- Coordinate with teams across the organization the resources necessary to develop capture plans and proposals
- Coordinate with the Solutions Management team of subject matter experts approach to pre-solution and solution design
- Work closely with proposal team to develop compliance matrix and writing assignments
- Work with proposal team and subject matter experts to develop proposal content that meets the requirements of the RFP.
- Document and archive capture plans and solution workbooks
- Provide thought leadership on innovative business and technical solutions to key stakeholders
- Establish and manage industry partnerships with outside firms and sometimes competitors
- Work closely with pricing and engineering resources to develop energy impact models and pricing to meet client needs
- Responsible for documenting solutions and handing off to start- up teams for implementation
- Follow up with start-up team and operations to ensure solution is implemented in a way that meets client needs and positions the company well for the future
- External Networking - Grow the company's presence by being an active participant in at least one professional association relevant to the Manager's/Senior Manager's assigned market sector. Participate in targeted conferences and industry organizations to gather information about what clients are demanding, what competitors are promoting and how utilities are responding.
- Also, work with the Business Development team, Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Directors, and Program Managers to conduct "Voice of The Customer" interviews/meetings with existing clients, potential clients and targeted clients on key topics critical to market sector growth
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Engineering, or other discipline relevant to energy efficiency required
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience designing and implementing energy efficiency and grid optimization program(s) relevant to the product area required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Understanding of EE, DR and DER markets at state and utility levels, as well as industry trends
- Understanding of competitive landscape in the energy sector
- Strong subject matter expertise in energy efficiency, demand response, electric vehicles, and grid optimization to support pre-solution design
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans
- Ability to lead opportunity efforts including strategy sessions, program design sessions with subject matter experts, and pricing strategy sessions
- Experience with design and implementation of energy efficiency and grid optimization programs.
- Demonstrated success managing projects or programs
- Experience developing plans and forecasts for program budgets and energy saving goals.
- Knowledge of third-party evaluation
- Knowledge of contract management and contract negotiations
- Knowledge of price buildup and financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, and drive capture plans and proposals when requested
- Ability to lead and motivate teams through tight deadlines to produce high quality deliverables
- Ability to forge strong professional relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, and drive proposals when requested
- Ability to collaborate effectively across functional areas within the company and beyond
- Capable of handling a wide work variety of assignments and working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills with entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver's license
- Accreditation from national or regional entity relevant to the product area (e.g. BPI Building Analyst, AEE's CEM, etc.) preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
Pay Range: $95,200- $130,000+
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Franklin Energy implements the use of dash cams inside their fleet of leased vehicles because the Company believes video surveillance devices (Dash Cams) promote the safety of employees as well as security within the company vehicles. The Company will not use video surveillance (Dash Cams) for any unlawful purpose including monitoring employees or giving the impression of monitoring. Our Dash Cam Policy applies to all employees of the Company and temporary agency employees, regardless of whether an employee or temporary agency employee may be driving or riding in Company Vehicles. The primary use of Dash Cams is to assist in the protection and safety of employees and property, prevention, and detection of criminal offenses such as vehicle vandalism and break-ins and staged-accident fraud, defense of legal claims, driver exoneration, and driver training and improvement.
This job has expired.