ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare samples for analysis through extraction and concentration of those samples and to perform required duties according to published methodologies and established laboratory procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Perform all duties associated with the preparation of samples for analysis including solvent extractions, solid phase extractions and clean-up techniques using EPA 8000 series methods.
- Maintain complete documentation of all preparatory procedures according to established requirements.
- Perform all work within established quality control parameters and within specified turnaround times.
- Perform gravimetric determinations.
- Assist with preparation of analytical standards, reagents, and solutions.
- Maintain safe working conditions and a clean, orderly work area at all times.
- Follow SOP's and methodologies without deviation.
- Exercise laboratory safety practices.
- Produce quality data.
- May be asked to periodically assist with glassware cleaning and sample disposal tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Previous laboratory experience is extremely desirable with a high preference for experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Good Windows-based computer skills are a necessity.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow written instructions, methodologies, procedures, protocols, and policies without deviation.
- Must be able to recognize unsatisfactory analytical performance and suggest appropriate corrective actions.
- Must be able to monitor and prioritize daily work assignments without supervision using laboratory computer-based sample tracking systems.
- Must have a strong commitment to ensuring all work is completed within prescribed deadlines.
- Must be able to initiate corrective action without prompting and assist co-workers whenever necessary in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively perform duties under pressures arising from large sample volumes and short turn-around times.
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision and also to work effectively as a team member.
- High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to use (or learn to use) LIMS and other computer software for logins, program specs, invoicing, and other required tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Associates degree in a life science. College courses with some laboratory experience possible substitution.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working.
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers.
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware.
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster