Wediko NY/The Home for Little Wanderers is seeking a Part-Time After School Group Leader based in Manhattan, NY.
How You'll Be Making A Difference
The Group Leader will lead activities with groups of 10-15 children and facilitate after-school programming in an engaging and meaningful manner in one of the following areas:
- Phys Ed
- Social Emotional Learning/Leadership
Lead hands-on educational, enrichment, sports, and arts activities for groups of 10-15 Elementary/Middle school students in Manhattan using project-based learning strategies.
- Provide all documentation for NYSED/DOH compliance purposes are prescribed by the Site Manager.
- Provide lesson plans for all activities in a time and frequency prescribed by the Site Manager.
- Engage in conflict resolution and positive behavior management practices as needed.
- Work closely with the site-based team for ongoing coaching and professional development.
- Ensure the children's safety and during program hours in a manner prescribed by the Site Manager.
- Positively encourage and support the growth of participating children individually and collectively.
- Participate in ALL staff trainings and activities, including regular check-ins with supervisors.
- Complete 15 hours of School-Aged Child Care (SACC) License Training and complete all School-Aged Child Care (SACC) paperwork prior to start of job.
- The ability to create fun and engaging virtual delivery of your activities and engagement via Zoom/Teams/Google Classroom upon request.
This job has expired.
- At least 18 years old with at least one year of college or post-high school experience
- Minimum of 2 years of childcare experience with children under the age of 15
- Experience, interest, and desire to work with middle-school aged youth
- Work and/or educational experience related to child development, leadership, child psychology, environmental education, and/or behavior management preferred
- Knowledge or interest in outdoor skills, personal health and growth, interpersonal relationships, youth development, group dynamics, and programming
- A sense of humor, high level of patience, and ability to engage appropriately with youth while maintaining professional boundaries
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Program Dates: October 2021 through June 2022
Work schedule: Monday through Friday from 2:30pm to 6:00pm in accordance with the NYC DOE calendar. The Home does not operate when schools are closed or on early dismissal days. Mandatory training sessions and meetings will be held each month outside of regular program times.