The Data Science Institute in the Physical Sciences Division at the University of Chicago invites applications for the position of lecturer for the 2022-2023 academic year to teach at least one foundational, core, or elective course for the Master of Science in Analytics program (MScA). For a detailed list of courses and course descriptions, visit https://professional.uchicago.edu/find-your-fit/masters/master-science-analytics/curriculum.
This position is part-time and not benefits eligible. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States.
- A master's degree in Data Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other closely related field is required.
- Five years of professional experience in Computer Science, Analytics, or Data Science is required.
- A PhD in Data Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or other closely related field.
- One to three years of teaching experience either within a university (such as Adjunct, Lecturer or Instructional Professor) or corporate training environment for professional education.
- 6+ years of professional experience.
The following materials are required:
- Cover letter that lists the courses you are most qualified to teach;
- A list of contact information for two references;
- Sample course syllabus;
- Teaching statement;
- Optional materials: teaching evaluations from past teaching at the university level.
Applications must be submitted online through the University of Chicago's Academic Jobs website: apply.interfolio.com/107427
This job has expired.