300 West BroadwaySuite 150, Council Bluffs, Iowa, 515039045, United States of America
Patient Care Technician's (PCT) play an essential role by providing dialysis treatment to patients with kidney failure. Previous health care experience is not required and DaVita provides paid training. Being a PCT is an exciting opportunity to jump start your career in the health care industry. You will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on the lives of patients and grow your career.
What our teammates love most about this role include:
· The patients! You'll spend the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time. Since patients come in 3x's a week, you really get to know them.
· Career advancement opportunities. We offer clear paths to higher levels of responsibility and compensation by becoming a PCT II or PCT III, RN, Facility Administrator and more.
What training will look like:
Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic. Hours of work may vary during the training period; however, you will typically be working between 32-40 hours per week during training.
What your day-to-day may look like.
· Schedule. We strive to share your schedule in advance so that you can plan your week(s) ahead. Some teammates start as early as 5-6 am, some later in the afternoon as well working weekends and holidays as needed. Your recruiter will share the hours directly if they are not listed.
· PCT Duties. Monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, initiating cannulation, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. Please note you will have exposure to blood and needles.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Comfortable working around blood and needles
· Comfortable mixing acid or bicarb
· Health care experience a plus including: BONENT Certified, Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), or Phlebotomy certification.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago