Responsible for the safe and efficient movement of patients, various blood products from the lab, and other medical items to and from clinical units as well as various diagnostic treatment and testing areas, while adhering to all Tower Health policies and procedures by supporting the nursing staff with the delivery of quality patient care. We are the hub of patient movement and an essential ingredient to the overall flow of the hospital as a whole. Promotes a safe environment and performs all work-related duties in a safe manner. Stays up to date on all PPE education, participates in annual fit testing, and makes sure the proper PPE is being worn for the proper isolation requiring it. Transporters provide a positive and reassuring presence while transporting patients to various location throughout the hospital. They instill confidence in our patients, guests, and visitors by safely escorting them or providing clear directions to locations around the hospital. In addition to moving patients, members of our transport team can efficiently maneuver various types of patient equipment through hospital halls, elevators, and rooms. Our transport team has a great opportunity to make a big impact every day on the overall satisfaction and comfort level for each patient while also collaborating with and supporting all clinical staff in the process.
Qualifications Education Requirements
- Safely move patients to and from clinical units and various diagnostic/treatment areas within the hospital via a wheelchair, stretcher, or bed which may include patients with oxygen tanks, IVs, and other equipment.
- Walk an excess of 10 miles per 8-hour shift, while pushing a patient 60% of that 10+ miles.
- Assist patient care staff in the hands-on process of transferring patients to the transport equipment utilizing safe patient handling and lifting techniques.
- Provides emergency assistance to patients who become ill during transport, calls for proper emergency staff, and remains with patient until that help arrives.
- Transport deceased patients to the Morgue in a timely manner and ensures a clinical staff member accompanies to Morgue in order to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately
- Assist with maintaining an organized and safe department and hospital by promptly and neatly storing transport equipment in approved storage and staging areas only. Promptly removes any equipment with suspected mechanical problems and labels for repair.
ExperienceCertification and LicensureRequired Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer Service Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Teamwork Skills
- Good Reasoning Skills
- Listening Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Relationship-Building Skills
- Safety Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Strong Team Player
This job has expired.