Job ID: 309079
W-L Construction and Paving, a CRH company, is one of southwest Virginia's largest grading contractors and the largest paving contractor in the area employing more than 350 employees during the construction months. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
T he responsibilities of the Paver Operator include, but are not limited to:
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Equipment Operation
- Operate the paver and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Preheat paving screed before placement of asphalt and monitor and control temperature settings of the asphalt mixture.
- Manually light burners to start heating units of the paver and regulate screed temperature.
- Operate the Paver controls to lower the screed auger, control the hopper, and navigate the direction of the paver.
- Align the paving machine into position when receiving asphalt by dump truck, and maintain constant flow of asphalt into hopper; ease paver forward, safely pushing dump truck along construction surface.
- Observe distribution of paving materials along screed and control the direction of the screed to eliminate voids at curbs and joints.
- Line paver appropriately to the work area, and ensure proper application of the asphalt, smoothing it evenly to the desired height, width, and depth.
- Attach extensions to screed to adjust width.
- Regulate temperature of asphalt flowing from hopper.
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Paver.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company's Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment checks and tests.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jul 27, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Washington DC Job Segment:
Transportation, Equipment Operator, HVAC, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.