Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career while working with an extraordinary team? At Merakey, we put heart and soul into everything we do. We are seeking Peer Support Specialist's to join our team at our program in New Orleans, LA.
Peer Support Specialists are an essential part of the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Team. The multidisciplinary team provides evidenced based services to members diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness within the greater Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Thibodaux region. The Peer Support Specialist assist members with their recovery process, whether its dealing with their mental illness, substance use, or their co-occurring disorder. The Peers assist with assessment, treatment planning, WRAP Planning, facilitating recovery groups and, improving engagement in treatment and with the clinical staff. The Peers also assist our members with connections to resources, developing formal and informal supports, advocacy, and mentorship, and provide skill coaching. The Peers can also connect members to community resources such as AA/NA, food banks, etc.
Merakey offers Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans competitive compensation plans, Work/Life balance, flexible schedules, cell phone discount plans, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement and much more!
To fill out an on-line application: www.merakey.org/careers
Requisition number: 71094
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment guides all our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve.
Merakey strictly follows a zero-tolerance policy for abuse.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
• The Peer Support Specialist must have an active driver's license within the state of Louisiana or ability to transfer.
• Must possess a High School Diploma.
• Must meet the requirements set by the State of Louisiana to become certified in Peer Support, if not already certified.
• Certification requirements are: Lived Experience: Peer Support Specialists must have lived experience with a behavioral health diagnosis.
• A behavioral health diagnosis can include a diagnosis with mental health challenges, addiction challenges, or co-occurring disorders.
• Peer Support Specialists must have at least twelve (12) months of continuous demonstrated recovery
• Be able to complete a 2 week training/76 hour training (locations alter/may be virtual due to COVID)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled